Unable to make decison.

sriram2000

My labor certification filed through company A(EB3 with PD:April 2004, Non-RIR) and cleared state and went to Dallas Backlog Center.We received 45 days letter and replied.

I got an offer from Company B with same benifits, But they are willing sponser PERM Labor in EB2 Category.

I still have 18 months left to complete 6years of H1B.

Is it good to stay on with A or jump to B?
I know nobody knows the answer for real.
I respect your opinions ,which will help me to decide.

I think you should ask the new employer to start advertising and apply for PERM, this will take atleast 2-3 months; If the PERM gets approved, you can safely leave the first employer if EB-2 numbers are still available at that time(?)
On the other hand, you should also apply for I140 and I485 NOW since numbers are available and I was told that you can transfer your I485 to the new job (portability for I485 since you own it while I140 is owned by the employer atleast for first 6 months-AC 21)
Hope this helps

docsai said:
I think you should ask the new employer to start advertising and apply for PERM, this will take atleast 2-3 months; If the PERM gets approved, you can safely leave the first employer if EB-2 numbers are still available at that time(?)

Sounds good - that's a good way to go if the future employer plays along.

docsai said:
On the other hand, you should also apply for I140 and I485 NOW since numbers are available and I was told that you can transfer your I485 to the new job (portability for I485 since you own it while I140 is owned by the employer atleast for first 6 months-AC 21)
Hope this helps
His LC hasn't cleared yet as he wrote - so he cannot file anything now and goodness knows when....

So basically, do PERM with the new employer if you can - you have enough time on H-1B left.