unable to decide-Help me!!

Bindaas

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I got my Passport Stamped in May this year, based on my service center, i should receive the actual card in 1 year. Planning to visit India next month via london. After reading some posts, I am sure I need the transit visa, costs around $60, no big deal.
I have an H1B visa stamped in my passport that is expiring next year, can I just show the visa to the UK Airport Authority to get away or I should get the transit visa to be on safer side. They do not recognize 551 on PP as PR.
Their requirement is either transit visa or http://www.britainusa.com/visas/other_show.asp?SarticleType=25&Other_ID=668

Thanks in Advance.

Technically, you cannot use it because the moment you became PR, your H1 is invalid.
Will you get by? Possibly yes, depending on the amount of checking they do. But if you get caught, it will be too much hassle. I wouldn't do it just for saving $60.
-NS

Why not transit through another country in Europe that does not need a transit visa - unless you really like flying BA?

MGI said:
Why not transit through another country in Europe that does not need a transit visa - unless you really like flying BA?
I already bought the ticket, I am travelling on AirIndia.

dsfgh100 said:
Bindaas. You are doing all this to save $60???

----------------------------
Vote Bush '04

What do you mean by "ALL THIS"? If you see my first post, I have clearly said that $60, no big deal. I just want to avoid the hassel (unless required) of sending all the documents to the British consulate and get the visa. I am just worried of loosing the passport in the mail as I just have a month to go. If you see the link in my first post, I have visa in my passport.

I was just exploring my option, If you cannot help anyone, please do not try to piss them off.