Ukrainian citizen applying for B2 visa in EU

Hannah7

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I am asking on behalf of my partner, Ukrainian national. We both live in EU (France if it is any important).

We both want to travel to USA for a vacation. I am an American, my boyfriend is Ukrainian and must apply for visitor B visa as visa-waiver access is only for EU citizens. I understand the visa application is a rather complicated thing. There are some facts about him:

He has a steady long-term job in EU along with some assets and real-estate here and in Ukraine. He is also a holder of long-term residence EU visa. Never been to America. Some aunt or uncle from his family emigrated to USA illegally in past.

Now, There are many unanswered questions I have:

1) Can he apply for a tourist B visa in EU (outside his home country)?

2) Can we both travel from Schengen to USA nowadays? I know there is a restriction, one must be 14 days outside of Schengen in order to fly to USA but there may be some exceptions and waivers.

3) What is a typical turnaround timeframe from B visa?

4) Should I be involved in the process? I don't know if I can somehow help or hinder his application.

5) How likely is he to get it? I know there might be double standards for different nationalities.

I would like to make this application bulletproof and I want to know whether we realistically do have chance to get that visa for him. We only wanna go for 2 week vacation so I am trying to evaluate whether this process is worth it.

There is no such thing as a bulletproof application, there will be no exemption for him from the “presence in Schengen area ban” unless he is legally married to you, and Paris currently has a 296 day wait listed for B visa interviews. So this vacation is not likely to happen for him any time soon. That said

1. Yes, especially if he is actually residing elsewhere as he is
2. & 3. Answered above
4. You have nothing to do with the process. He needs to show ties to home or in this case, his country of residence. This is the main factor in whether or not he will get approved.
5. Refer 4.