UK Visit Visa Denied - Need help addressing issues

Bellabyebye

Hello!

I just received the letter of refusal for entry clearance to the UK today. My application has been declined for a number of reasons. I was planning on meeting a male friend that I met online. We're developing a special (long-distance) and sort of intimate relationship, and I really would like to spend time with him. I planned on celebrating our birthdays together which are five days apart in February. I am 25, and he's 18 (born in England, currently with a temporary job, and in school for General Maths) -- which might sound weird to most, but the relationship happened. I am a permanent resident ("green card" holder) of the US since 2007 and I have not filed for naturalization. I am currently employed full-time on a base-rate of $20.23 per hour as an LPN. I own no properties in the US and I am currently living with my mother and paying her a share of the bills which amounts to around $400/month. I have resided in the US, in the same state since 2008. I have a bank account that gets direct deposit from my employer, but the total balance in it would reflect everyday expenses with no savings. Basically the money just comes and goes. I don't know if it counts, but I specified that I had acquired a Schengen Visa for my trip to Spain early this year (spring). In total the documents I provided are definitely lacking, but I did not think so and I guess I really should have gone through it thoroughly at the time of application. I guess I was just too excited for the trip and had not thought the UKBA was this stringent. I would like to start another application process, and I would appreciate any advice on how to do it correctly this time, if it is even possible to reapply (?)

Anyway, the letter states:

"In support of this application you have not provided documents that satisfactorily demonstrate your circumstances in America. Given that you have not demonstrated any family, social, or economic ties to America I am not satisfied that you have sufficient ties to America that would prompt your departure from the UK at the end of your proposed stay."

---- I don't know how to go about fixing this. I have absolutely no intention of staying in the UK beyond my proposed stay, but I don't know how to prove that. I have provided them my passports (old and current), my green card and a letter from my employer stating my employment status and salary. They might be thinking I am of legal age and sound reasoning and that I can just leave my family, since I have no properties anyway and move in with my friend and stay in the UK illegally. The idea sounds absurd to me, since I have a full-time job here in the US and I am with my mother and my younger brothers -- the only family I have. Is there any way to "further" prove my ties to the US? Maybe naturalization?

Second reason:

"I note you state on your application form the main purpose of your visit is to see a friend. However, you have submitted no evidence that your sponsor is aware of and supports this application. Furthermore you have provided no evidence of this person's legal immigration status and circumstances in the UK. Consequently I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for the purpose as stated by you."

---- It's true that I did not submit any information, except maybe my friend's name, address and phone number. I did not think it would make any difference if I turn in a document that says he's 18, just had a temp job and is also still living with his parents. Also, I think it would be rather awkward to be asking him for his financial information/bank statements. I'm only going there to visit him, celebrate birthdays and spend some time together. He's not sponsoring me.

Third and final reason:

"You state on your application form that you will pay for your travel to and expenses in the UK. You further state that you intend to stay in the UK for 11 days and will stay at a hotel. You have submitted bank statements along with your application as evidence of your financial circumstances. I note that the most recent balance, as of 16/11/12 shows funds of $42.72 available to you. I am therefore not satisfied that you have the means to pay for your travel to and expense in the UK for a period of 11 days.

In view of the above I am not satisfied that you will be able to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants adequately out of resources available to you without recourse to public funds or taking employment or will, with any dependants, be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends and can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant Paragraph of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules."

---- I was very nervous about this, but I counted on the fact that I submitted the same documents, and about the same amount and activity on my bank statements, to the Spanish Embassy and was approved for a Schengen visa. The expenses on the account were irresponsible expenses, I know, but I will be able to save for the trip. I provided them with a hotel reservation, which I would be paying by credit card, and not through the bank account, and also a copy of a round-trip plane travel itinerary, which I also intend of paying for by credit card. I plan to show them in the next application that I am able to pay for the trip and other costs, but would anybody know at least how much must I have saved in the account to demonstrate that I can cover all these expenses? Would it be total travel cost + total accommodation cost + $100/day? I read somewhere that that is a very rough estimate, but would there be other criteria?

After everything I've written, am I even eligible to reapply? If so, how soon?

I'd appreciate any input!

I'm sorry for the very long post, and if I am posting in the wrong section.

Last edited by a moderator: