U.S Citizen filing for spouse

riyaraj

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a U.S citizen and filing for my spouse's green card. Here is the current situation:

We got married 3 weeks ago.
Currently my spouse lives in Chicago with her sister and I am in Maryland.

I am in the process of filing I-130 and we need to submit some documents like joint property ownership, joint bank accounts, utility bills etc.

My spouse is on H1 and first 3 years of H1 expires sometime in October this year.

What are my options here?

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards,

Raju.

Hi,

I am a U.S citizen and filing for my spouse's green card. Here is the current situation:

We got married 3 weeks ago.
Currently my spouse lives in Chicago with her sister and I am in Maryland.

I am in the process of filing I-130 and we need to submit some documents like joint property ownership, joint bank accounts, utility bills etc.

My spouse is on H1 and first 3 years of H1 expires sometime in October this year.

What are my options here?

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards,

Raju.

Since your wife is a spouse of a USC as long as your file her paperwork, she will be in good standing & she will be in "AOS" catagory......pending ofcourse. Right now you don't have to submit any joint paperwork to immigrations. Just follow the instructions and send them the usual copy of her birth certificate, copy of your marriage certificate along with a copy of your natz certificate & necessary forms. Start gathering all teh information, such as joint bank account details, joint assets etc etc. These documents will come in handy on the day of your interview.