Typo

ari4u

Registered Users (C)
I got 4 NOA's in mail today. My last name is mis-spelt on the I-130 NOA but is correct on the other NOA's. Called customer Service but my receipt number doesnt appear to be in the system and i cant get to talk to someone to help me.

Any advice on what needs to be done to get my last name fixed will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
ari4u said:
I got 4 NOA's in mail today. My last name is mis-spelt on the I-130 NOA but is correct on the other NOA's. Called customer Service but my receipt number doesnt appear to be in the system and i cant get to talk to someone to help me.

Any advice on what needs to be done to get my last name fixed will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Wait a couple of days for them to put it into their s called systen and call back. There have been cases where delays of entering information even for a week has occured.
thank you

I still dont see my I-130 online and the receipt number is not recognised when i call the automated customer service phone number. My wife however was able to get hold of a representative after a 30 min wait on the phone. the rep took all information and noted it down and told her that the corrections would be made and that we should expect a letter within 30 days that would communicate and confirm the changes requested for that application. Im not sure if that is the process, anyone with similar experiences?

Of course! That happened to me! neither of my three NOA's appeared on the status online before (for a month!). I called two weeks ago and the officer told me that he put something on the system so they can correct it and wait within 30 days, that don't worry because he can see that everything was correct. So after a week my I-130 and I-765 appears now, my I-485 is not :(
But I will wait until I got my FP & Bio done to see if that made that one pop-up.

The man told me that don't worry that the most important thing is that I appear in their system with the correct receipts numbers and A# and name. Actually he ask me if my entire information was correct or it was an information to correct, I said no just that it worries me that my files dont' appear on the automated system.

Did they correct your name's error?

Good luck,

cherr1980 said:
Did they correct your name's error?

I have no way of checking. The receipt number is not recognized by the online system, nor it is recognized when i call USCIS and punch in the receipt number. If my I-130 shows up online, it still wouldnt be of use to me as i cant check if they corrected my last name as online status does not show applicant's name, BUT, when i see my case online, it means that my receipt number would be recognized when i call USCIS and i can cross check. Hope they fixed the error and hope it does not have repercussions later. :rolleyes:

Im not sure if a new NOA would be sent with the correction. Any ideas, anyone?

The phone status is the same automated system of online status, so that won't help you. On the menu in the part of check status press when it says "if you don't know or have your receipt number", then the system has kind of a problem there and repeat the same thing, but wait until the end of the menu when it says "press 4 for other questions and bla bla". You will be redirect to a Customer Service agent, explained to that person that you have your receipt number but doesn't appear in the website neither on the phone (that person check again the same thing and will say "oh yes what strange! duh", that person will redirect you to an officer, that person is the one who should check out every file with your number and information, over there you can check out if your name is finally corrected. Did you send a mail as it says on the NOA's?

Good luck,

cherr1980 said:
The phone status is the same automated system of online status, so that won't help you. On the menu in the part of check status press when it says "if you don't know or have your receipt number", then the system has kind of a problem there and repeat the same thing, but wait until the end of the menu when it says "press 4 for other questions and bla bla". You will be redirect to a Customer Service agent, explained to that person that you have your receipt number but doesn't appear in the website neither on the phone (that person check again the same thing and will say "oh yes what strange! duh", that person will redirect you to an officer, that person is the one who should check out every file with your number and information, over there you can check out if your name is finally corrected. Did you send a mail as it says on the NOA's?

Good luck,

No, i did not write to them, but i figured id rather wait till it gets on the system so i could query on it. But my wife did call after i recevied the NOA and she was told that her request was entered on their system based on the A#, receipt number and ND and would be fixed and for us to expect a letter from USCIS informing us about the correction. Now im not sure if they would send me a new NOA, ill call them and check. Thanks for your help Cherr :) ill call them and bug them like you said.

I called USCIS on friday. I was told that NBC is late in updating the online database and hence i am unable to see my case status online. The rep wouldnt give me the number to NBC and told me that the only way to contact them is to write a letter.

I was also told that the only way to confirm if the name was corrected was to wait for another NOA related to the I-130 and check if the name is good on that one. I hope it aint the approval notice, because if name is still not corrected, then it would be too late... :rolleyes:

Anyone knows who to call to make sure online status is updated? Is there a phone number for NBC? All i need is for the receipt number to show up in the database so i can query on that. Thanks!

In my case, it took a good three to four weeks for my cases to show up online. I don't think it will help to call anyone - you just have to wait. I know its frustrating but hang in there!

Just imagine that you can call to a phone number for Customer Service in those places, everybody will quit their job for the amount of callings hahaha. (sorry I just been funny today :))

Ari4u, write a letter anyway, in any case you won't loose anything right? when you called the Customer Service, they didn't confirm with you what was the name in your I-130?

Good luck,

cherr1980 said:
Just imagine that you can call to a phone number for Customer Service in those places, everybody will quit their job for the amount of callings hahaha. (sorry I just been funny today :))

Ari4u, write a letter anyway, in any case you won't loose anything right? when you called the Customer Service, they didn't confirm with you what was the name in your I-130?

Good luck,

Thats the problem. She couldnt see my records either when i gave receipt number. So i have no way of knowing if my name was corrected and the records updated. I see my 485 and 765 online with no change in status at all. Its close to 3 weeks since my ND and 130 and 131 are not visible online {sigh}. Lets see how much they test my patience. :D

ari4u said:
Thats the problem. She couldnt see my records either when i gave receipt number. So i have no way of knowing if my name was corrected and the records updated. I see my 485 and 765 online with no change in status at all. Its close to 3 weeks since my ND and 130 and 131 are not visible online {sigh}. Lets see how much they test my patience. :D

Well I think that the wait will rule then. There is nothing else you can do. This is really frustrating, we are on a mercy that other people do their job. Even I have to admitt that they are humans and will commit errors as we do too and we just have to wait and be patience. The problem for me is that the Customer Service should improve much more, is the only messenger that we have between us and the main source.

Good luck,