Typo in Re-issued passport

anjalika400

Hey guys,
My husband has just received his re-issued passport under tatkal system.But we figured out the Place of Birth is printed incorrectly in his reissued passport .Both his original/previous passport and the online form show the correct spelling of Place of Birth though, the place is "NADIA" , but it has been printed as NALDA in his new passport. This is not at all a mistake from our side.
Please let me know the procedure to correct the info .We need a new passport with all the correct info.We don't want any endorsement on the recently issued passport. I'd appreciate any info regarding the documents required for this,any online form required to be filled up in advance ,fees, estimated time period to get it corrected and delivered to me if we sent through mail.
Most importantly I also want to know, if I go and meet the consular staff member in person at the India Consulate in Houston ,Do I have to take an appointment in advance ? Is it possible that I get my husbands passport/s and all other documents and present them at the consular office on his behalf? Do I need to carry my passport/marriage certificate as a proof of our relationship?
If they refuse to give me a new passport in place of endorsing the current one, what should I do?
Any suggestions please??
Thanks in advance.