Typical lawyer charges for EB1-EA or EB1-OR application process.

nk2006

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am planning to apply in EB1-EA category, not sure of my chances if I do it on my own. What are the general fees a lawyer charges - I know it depends on lot of factors and could vary a lot. But I am looking at the range I have to budget it for and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Also my new company agreed to send a EB1-OR application - I was asked about typical expenses for this application including lawyer fee. They dont have experience in EB1 applications earlier (its a six year old company with several patents and 20+ research staff on pay roll). Do I have chances with OR application in a small venture backed company. Would really appreciate if you can give me an estimate of EB1-OR application expenses if we hire a good lawyer (we are based in NorthEast US). Thanks.

-k

I did a EB-1 EA and it cost close to $15,000. I have seen some lawyers do it for much less, but the quality of the application is much less as well. For what it is worth my petition was approved quickly without any RFEs.

This is ridiculously high! Just remember that your lawyer cannot make a miracle if your case is not strong indeed! I paid 4500$ in three installments (still 500$ to pay after I-485 approval) and I believe my lawyer did a great job. He didnt charge me a dime after getting an RFE. He has been doing this for the last 12yrs and at least 3 of my friends used his service successfully...Unless your lawyer makes a stupid mistake, getting an RFE highly depends on the officer who looks at your file

nk2006 said:
Hi,
I am planning to apply in EB1-EA category, not sure of my chances if I do it on my own. What are the general fees a lawyer charges - I know it depends on lot of factors and could vary a lot. But I am looking at the range I have to budget it for and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Also my new company agreed to send a EB1-OR application - I was asked about typical expenses for this application including lawyer fee. They dont have experience in EB1 applications earlier (its a six year old company with several patents and 20+ research staff on pay roll). Do I have chances with OR application in a small venture backed company. Would really appreciate if you can give me an estimate of EB1-OR application expenses if we hire a good lawyer (we are based in NorthEast US). Thanks.

-k

I availed services of Rajiv Khanna. You can see the current fees on his website immigration.com. I paid much less than the current fees. He and his team did a good job on my EB1-OR case.

nathanss said:
I availed services of Rajiv Khanna. You can see the current fees on his website immigration.com. I paid much less than the current fees. He and his team did a good job on my EB1-OR case.

Hi nathanss,
Thank you very much for the info. I sent you a PM please do respond. Thanks again.

Fees

I paid $7500 to my lawyer and he filed my NIW and EB1-EA together. My lawyer was simply outstanding, especially when I talked to at least 5-6 other lawyers and they all said I had no chance (with 3 papers, 1 patent, and 3 citations) with my case. I did get RFEs on both I140s and one of them was answered very well and I140 is approved now. The other RFE is being answered now.

I went with a law firm that handles lot of our company business. The charge was $3800 for my EB-1 OR petition which was approved in 3 months without any hitch. This lawfirm has offices all over the US. On a sidenote, I had thought of hiring Rajiv Khanna and chatted with him briefly. He did not think that I had a strong enough case for EB-1 OR but rather wanted me to go the PERM route. I am glad I stuck to my guns and went with OR.

Recommand Rajiv

Hi Nk2006,

My case EB1-EA is done my Rajiv Khanna. My I-140 is already accepted and and they have submitted my I-1485. I fully recommand Rajiv Khanna. His fees a very good, and you can see his current charges from the website, obviously I paid less than the current charges. He has done excellent job with my case.

Hope this helps.

Newdoc

I paid close to $8000 excluding Visa fees. So far I have paid 5 grand which got my I-140 approved and I-485 filed. The rest goes on I-485 approval and I-865 (dunno what that is???).......I think the lawyer is good if your case gets approved lol and if not he is crap....all depends. Typically a "good" (again that is subjective) lawyer will cost between 5000$ - 10000$. There is no way to know which one is good so I would go with word of mouth from people you know who are in exactly your sitiuation and have gotten it done. My lawyer had done cases for six other post-docs in my university whome I knew and all were sucessfull so I went with him. I have known lawyers charge more than $13000 and have unsucessful cases with similar backgorund as mine....in my opinion LUCK + LOADS OF MONEY + LAWYER = APRROVAL.

panduranga,

Could you share your credentials with us more specifically? Which I-140 did you get approved with, NIW or EB1-EA? Also could you please PM your lawyer info? Thank you very much.

panduranga said:
I paid $7500 to my lawyer and he filed my NIW and EB1-EA together. My lawyer was simply outstanding, especially when I talked to at least 5-6 other lawyers and they all said I had no chance (with 3 papers, 1 patent, and 3 citations) with my case. I did get RFEs on both I140s and one of them was answered very well and I140 is approved now. The other RFE is being answered now.

panduranga said:

Hello Panduranga, which service center is handing your case (TSC or NSC). Which RFE you got first (NIW or EB1-EA). Thank you.

panduranga/garemani,

Could you please PM me your lawyer info?
I am looking for someone with whom others in this forum have had success. I have tried calling a few lawyers but their fees are exorbitant (12-15K for EB1 and EB2 combined) and they may not neccessarily be good.

Thanks.

nk2006 said:
Hi,

-k
First talk to Rajiv Khanna, he will do with less money, he is also a good attorney, my friend told me. I know personally another good attorney who did both NIW and EB1 approved for mine as well as my friends. go to www.hooyou.com and talk to Ramasamy. Ram is a very successful attorney. he is in Texas.

This is ridiculously high! Just remember that your lawyer cannot make a miracle if your case is not strong indeed! I paid 4500$ in three installments (still 500$ to pay after I-485 approval) and I believe my lawyer did a great job. He didnt charge me a dime after getting an RFE. He has been doing this for the last 12yrs and at least 3 of my friends used his service successfully...Unless your lawyer makes a stupid mistake, getting an RFE highly depends on the officer who looks at your file

Hi garemani,

I'm trying to apply for an EB1A as an actor or director. Could I ask for your lawyer's contacts? Thanks very much.

HP.