Two work Visa issue (L1-B and H1-B)

ckmbrij

Hi all,

Presently i am working in USA for Company A on L1B. Recently I had a H1B offer from Company B. This H1B petition will be effective from Oct1st,2005.

1) Can I have two work visa stamped on my passport together?

2)Can I still come back in US on L1-B visa after getting H1-B stamped. My L1-B Visa and I-94 both are valid.

Please some one advice me as early as possible.

CkmBrij

Last edited by a moderator:
Change of Status

I guess, you are still in L1..To change the status from L1 to H1, you may need to apply change of status with USCIS. An employed applying H1b petition doesn't mean , you status changed to L1. You will become eligible to work on H1, once you get the recepit for your "change of status" request.
Please consult with lawyer to get correct info.

ckmbrij said:
Hi all,

Presently i am working in USA for Company A on L1B. Recently I had a H1B offer from Company B. This H1B petition will be effective from Oct1st,2005.

1) Can I have two work visa stamped on my passport together?

2)Can I still come back in US on L1-B visa after getting H1-B stamped. My L1-B Visa and I-94 both are valid.

Please some one advice me as early as possible.

CkmBrij

When your attorney applied for your H1 he must have asked for change of your status form L1 to H1. The day such H1 is approved your status has changed rom L1 to H1 irrespective of what is the stamp on your passport. Thus your L1 status will be invalid after the H1 approval.

The USCIS usually grant a new I-94 with your H1. In such case you can start workign with your new employer and get your passport stamped whenever you travel ouside the country.

If the I-94 has not been issued with your H1 approval then you need to go outside US, get your passport stamped and when you return to US a new I-94 will be issued. Then only you can start workig for this new employer.

Hope this helps. Good Luck

Next time you tr