TSC forum: a lot of approvals by tr22's team successfully moving TSC thru Congressman

Re: TSC forum: a lot of approvals by tr22's team successfully moving TSC thru Congres

kashmir, I hope you know the difference between Lamar Smith and Dianne Feinstein?

Kashmir,

I think if we can show this as an example to "Zoe Lofgren" and contact her with this update may be helpful. As tr22 mentioned there is obviousely some discussions at the immigration subcommitte and as "Zoe Lofgren" is a member of sub committe. She might feel some pressure if we go with these details.

What do you say?

rk4gc, i think that is a good idea....maybe, we need to show our faces again to these people to remind them of our issues...

Election year dynamics probably has a lot to do with this and we should capitalize on it.
I would agree, since congresspeople like Lamar is highlighting the issue among others it sure would not hurt pursuing other congresspeople to take a look at this backlogs.

I think we should re-start the campaign at Zoe's office. I am sure if enough of us make a noise about the positive results of Lamar Smith's success, we can make INS move its butt.

How about starting with faxes/emails and moving forward to meetings?

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
I think we should re-start the campaign at Zoe's office. I am sure if enough of us make a noise about the positive results of Lamar Smith's success, we can make INS move its butt.

How about starting with faxes/emails and moving forward to meetings?

I agree with 140, and as all of us getting new ethusiasm this is a good time to start the process again.

Btw, for bayarea members to discuss these issues an yahoo group has been created and if you are not yet a member of the group you can mail to "bayarea485@yahoogroups.com" to become member. We will be discussing further about the meet and activity in there.

Its upto the descretion of the moderator to decide about accepting members to the Group. Please mention your immigrationportal user ids in your request.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think guys in LA area should start the same. Anyone living in Congress woman Linda Sanchez district (CA 39th). She' also a member of U.S. House Judiciary Committee, which deals with immigration issues. I dont know anyone living in her district to use their address.
Her District includes the following communities: Artesia, Cerritos, Hawaiian Gardens, Lakewood, La Mirada, Lynwood, Paramount, and South Gate (in their entirety), a large portion of Whittier, small portions of Long Beach and Los Angeles, and parts of unincorporated Los Angeles County - East La Mirada, Florence-Graham, South Whittier, West Whittier, and Willlowbrook.

Anyone living in the above areas, please respond.

LA - Bellflower here.

CS485,

I am in District 34 - Rep. Roybal-Allard. I am near Cerritos, Lakewood and Artesia though.

All of us have stories to tell here. I am about to reach my limits waiting for that GC.

1) Petitioning employer died. Closed the office last November.
2) Used AC-21 last December. Drove 1.5 hours one way surface street just to go to work. Will resign to this current post because it is physically taxing on me considering I have asthma and start at the new job in downtown la on the 16th of february. (Decided to resign after I was rushed in the emergency room last January 2004)
3) Will use again AC-21. on the downtown job.
---------------------

Frankly, I am worried with regard to my I-485. I am expecting the worst scenario possible, but whenever I use AC-21, I make sure that it is of the same position per my labor cert.

I wanted to do something to speed things up, it was previously 6 months before sept. 11, 2001 after filing I-485, now we're talking about at least or nearly 3 years for that GC.

Count me in... but please don't let me drive in the freeway. I just started driving last November *LOL

Good to see a response..

nhats,
dont worry about the driving. I can pick u up in cerritos when going to Congresswoman's office. *LOL* I am not sure whether we can use your address as your rep is not Linda Sanchez. We still need a person who lives in CA-39th district.

Please reply if anyone out there lives in CA39th district.

Write to Lamar Smith

Why don't we send an e-mail/letter/fax to Mr. Smith thanking him for his help to our legal immigrant community and requesting him to prod the other service centers also to act fast. As a member of the house immigration subcommittee, he can do something-- whether he will... I don't know. In any case, I sent a fax to his DC office.

Faxed to Lamar Smith (R TX 21) and Elton Gallegly (R CA 24) - Re:Write to Lamar Smith

Originally posted by ErDr
Why don't we send an e-mail/letter/fax to Mr. Smith thanking him for his help to our legal immigrant community and requesting him to prod the other service centers also to act fast. As a member of the house immigration subcommittee, he can do something-- whether he will... I don't know. In any case, I sent a fax to his DC office.
Thanks for your taking the initiative, ErDr.

I faxed to Lamar Smith and Elton Gallegly this morning.
I tried last weekend, but it didn't work.
  • Congressman Lamar Smith
    2231 Rayburn House Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20515-4321
    Phone: (202) 225-4236
    Fax: (202) 225-8628
  • Congressman Elton Gallegly
    2427 Rayburn House Office Building
    Washington, DC 20515-0523
    Phone: (202) 225-5811
    FAX: (202) 225-1100

Re: Faxed to Lamar Smith (R TX 21) and Elton Gallegly (R CA 24) - Re:Write to Lamar S

Originally posted by kashmir
Thanks for your taking the initiative, ErDr.

I faxed to Lamar Smith and Elton Gallegly this morning.
I tried last weekend, but it didn't work.
They are Republican members of House Subcommittee on Immigration.
We have been mainly contacting Democrats,
so it's our new challenge.
Please join new FAX/E-MAIL campaign to Republicans.

As Kashmir said, It's really challenging to approach Republican congressman. I can very well understand this since my congressman is also a conservative Republican.

Re: Re: Faxed to Lamar Smith (R TX 21) and Elton Gallegly (R CA 24) - Re:Write to Lam

Originally posted by kashmir
They are Republican members of House Subcommittee on Immigration.
We have been mainly contacting Democrats,
so it's our new challenge.
Please join new FAX/E-MAIL campaign to Republicans.
At first, 10 faxes or e-mails to each Washington office by the end of this week, please.

I am in!

Can you post what you are sending out? I will send the same old stuff, but if there is anything new then I can probably add that in as well.

Thanks!

Faxed to Lamar Smith (R TX 21) on 2/9/2004

ImmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA 22205
Phone: (703) 908-4800
United for Dignity, Equality and Acceptance

February 7, 2004

Congressman Lamar Smith

RE: I-485 Backlog at CSC

Dear Congressman Lamar Smith;

We, one of the largest legal worker's online immigrant community ImmigrationPortal.Com, would really appreciate your having:

1. been talking to your Immigration Subcommittee colleagues and other Congressional members about the "unacceptable" backlogs, and
2. spoken to the TSC officials specifically and the CIS officials to reduce the backlogs,

as one of my collegues at ImmigrationPortal.Com in Texas, Mr. ***** *****, let me know. I am very pleased to see a lot of actual I-485 approvals at the TSC.

On the other hand, in California, as you know, I have been working with my representative Anna Eshoo, but the California Service Center (CSC) doesn't intend to resume I-485 normal processing at all though CSC Director Don Neufeld promised to Anna Eshoo as attached. Also, I have been contacting members of Immigration Subcommittee in California, such as Zoe Lofgren, Elton Gallegly, Linda Sanchez, and Howard Berman, but I have not heard any good news so far.

Please encourage those your colleagues so that the CSC also starts reducing I-485 backlog.

Sincerely,
(my signature)
(my name)
(my address)
(my contact information)
WAC-02-124-***** (EB I-485)
pending for almost two years since February 2002

Attachments:
1. Don Neufeld's Letter to Anna Eshoo - 12/22/2003

Faxed to Elton Gallegly (R CA 24) on 2/9/2004

ImmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA 22205
Phone: (703) 908-4800
United for Dignity, Equality and Acceptance

February 7, 2004

Congressman Elton Gallegly
2427 Rayburn HOB

RE: I-485 Backlog at CSC

Dear Congressman Elton Gallegly;

After I wrote you in December 2003 as attached, the I-485 backlog at California Service Center (CSC) has finally exceeded two years and it is still growing.

On the other hand, your colleague Lamar Smith has spoken to the Texas Service Center (TSC) officials, and the TSC has already started procssing I-485 cases.

Could you please speak to CSC Director Don Neufeld to start normal processing of I-485 applications like the TSC ?

Sincerely,
(my signature)
(my name)
(my contact information)
WAC-02-124-***** (EB I-485)
pending for almost two years since February 2002

Attachement:
1. My Letter - 12/1/2003
2. My Letter to Congressman Lamar Smith - 2/7/2004

My Fax to Smith

6 February 2004

The Honorable Lamar Smith
United States Congress
Washington, DC 20515

Dear Congressman Smith:

I am a member of immigrationportal.com and I came to know from other members of this forum about your help in speeding up the I-485, adjustment to permanent resident status application, processing at the Texas Service Center of USCIS. I thank you very much for your tremendous help and support to our legal immigrant community. Although we have contacted many elected officials, not everyone has been as helpful as you. I used to think that we are subjects of a system that taxes us without any representation. But you have proved me wrong. I commend you for that.

As a member of the house immigration subcommittee, you might be aware that this acute backlog problem exists at every service center of USCIS. Anything you could do to improve the processing speed at the other service centers of USCIS would be appreciated not only by me, but also by hundreds of thousands of "green-card" applicants waiting to hear from USCIS.

Sincerely,

(My Name and Address)