TSC cases to be transferred to Vermont!!!!!

jadi

Registered Users (C)
How truthful is this?

TSC cases to be transferred to Vermont!!!!!

The new organization under DHS seems to be more fair in thinking and processing. They have acknowledged that TSC has been backlogged by 2-3 years in 485 cases. They are formulating a policy to transfer cases to Vermont and Nebraska. In coming months they want all processing times at all service centers to be synchronized!!!!!. Some good thinking is prevailing at INS finally. A hope for people in texas..

Last edited by a moderator:
Jadi,

Whats the source.....

If this is true, then it is probably because of the letter I sent them last year proposing exactly that situation.....:D :D

If this becomes true Jadi, perhaps your April approval will become true. I will be the first to congratulate you.

I hope you made it through the storm here in the Triangle safely yesterday.

jadi I'll come after you if you raise my hopes prematurely.

Jadi, You made me feel reaaaally happy for a brief minute there. Just like kennygh I wonder what the source of your info is. If you are right I'll buy you and your family lunch in a restaurant of your choice. I pray you are right. That's the only fair resolution to this backlog.

KennyGH and ramanathansunda, this source of this news was from someone in Vermont center who already got his GC. Ramanathansunda I believe this story because the undersecretary for the new DHS Asa Huntschinson said last week that from March 1st this year we would see big improvements regarding immigrations.

KennyGH, I did survive the storm in the triangle. Hope you did also. We should try and set up a forum for all the NC GC prospective to support one another. What do you think?

Yes we were fine....we're in Wake Forest, it wasn't as bad as some areas.
I'd be happy to have further discussions with Triangle/NC applicants.

AS for the transfer of cases, I don't doubt it for a minute. I don't see how they can operate with this kind of injustice for some poor folks.

KennyGH, I live on Hwy 55 in Durham. Send me your email address so that we all can meet and bring together all NC GC prospectives. Our numbers can help whenever we want to write our senators about the injustice TSC is subjecting us to. Lets do something.

jadi, I just hope!

jadi, I just hope this becomes true! Thanks a lot for sharing your thought!!

I hope the news about transfer is true as another RTP guy. One month ago, I already sent letters to senator and representative of this area complaining too slow TSC processing. However, their answers were really same to TSC. " TSC is processing Nov, 2000 cases bla bla bla......" But let us try over and over.

RD/ND : 12/2001 FP done : Jan/2003

Caryguy, myself and KennyGH are from NC. I live in Durham while KennyGH lives in Wake Forest. I suggested to KennyGH that we should try and comply names or lets meet face to face and come together and do something about our GC process in TSC. Send me your email address so that I can start the process. We can schedule to go and meet a top senator together. Guys lets do it.

Surya
We have not seen any approvals on this board since November.
I would expect movement in early to mid March.

Jadi, check your PM.

Originally posted by jadi
Caryguy, myself and KennyGH are from NC. I live in Durham while KennyGH lives in Wake Forest. I suggested to KennyGH that we should try and comply names or lets meet face to face and come together and do something about our GC process in TSC. Send me your email address so that I can start the process. We can schedule to go and meet a top senator together. Guys lets do it.

Hey, I'm from Raleigh area (Cary to be exact) and I'm in to support you guys.

I-485 - RD - 10/01 , ND - 11/01
FP - 01/03
Waiting for GC just like you guys.

KennyGH, Thanks for your email address. Caryguy and Jaganjai, you guys should send me your email address also. You can send it to me through my PM the way KennyGH did. Any body from NC out there that would like to join our GC struggle? NC guys wants to meet so that we can have one voice and let the Senators in our area know how TSC is slow in approving our case. My advice to all NC guys out there is nobody would fight for you than you, so lets get together real soon. Please guys if you want to join the fight send me PM with your email addresses.

Did some research on the subject....

This article was written in Feb 2002. The initiative seems to be set to really get aggressive in 2003, and get procssing time down to 6 months in all centers by the end of 2003, so the transferring of cases to Vermont might be a consequence of this plan. Hopefully this will help all TSC filers soon.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/factsheets/budgetImmigrationServices.pdf

"Backlog Elimination: A Comprehensive, Aggressive Approach

In FY 2002, the President announced a five-year, $500-million initiative to achieve and maintain a universal six-month processing-time standard for immigration benefit applications while providing quality service to all INS customers. To achieve this goal, INS is finalizing a comprehensive backlog elimination plan. Under this plan, INS will achieve a national average processing time of six months or less for all applications by the end of FY 2003, with continued emphasis on performance standards and decision-making integrity.

To achieve a six-month processing time standard for all applications, INS plans to devote $100 million toward backlog elimination efforts in FY 2003. These funds represent the second installment of the President’s five-year, $500-million initiative to achieve and maintain a universal six-month processing time standard for all immigration benefit applications while providing quality service to all INS customers."

I hope it is true.

But I am really skeptical about it. So many things have changed for the past year, I dont know if the original plan still alive. Just hope TSC will wake up and show some motivation to catch up.

TSC_sufferer, Thanks for your email address. I would soon be sending out email to everyone on our next action plan. Actually I know someone that knows Senator John Edwards personally and the guy said if I can get all of us together he can put us through him whenever he is in town so that we all can meet him personally and express our frustations about TSC. I need more NC folks to join the fight, so far we are only four we need more.

I wouldn't bother with Edwards, it won't help.
I hate to be pessimistic; but I know someone who works in his office. I brought the issue up about a year ago about the injustices. They said they were aware of the difficulties and that TSC was swamped with cases. They did nothing to look into it further. He also only half jokingly told me that I'd never be eligible to vote for Edwards so it really didn't matter.

If this person can actually get in to see him about this I'd be surprised. Nothing wrong with trying; but don't hold out too much hope that he can or will do anything.

I also emailed congressmen and had no positive response.

People might not remember but a little over a year ago, I helped put together a series of letters to senators, INS Director, TSC Director, Office of Internal Audit and others. Things are worse now....

KennyGH, apart from the guy that knows Edwards, the NAACP leadership is helping out by saying they are going to put pressure on Edwards now that he is going to run for president or for his senator reelection if he doesnt get the democratic nomination. Anyway KennyGH, I am putting together a strong case here.

Last edited by a moderator: