Trying to move to USA from Canada

Stateria

Hi there!

So this has been something I’ve been planning for years. I have lived in Canada my whole life and am planning on moving to the United States to be with my Fiancé. Just as I was about to try and begin the process Covid began to spread. I am also a health care worker so I was needed on the front lines, so everything kind of got put on hold. Also the borders ended up being closed.

The issue I am having is I still want to begin this process for when ever I am allowed to make the move. I don’t know where to begin, where to go for advice or even if I am allowed to even begin this process. I live in a small town and every place here seems to only deal with people coming into Canada, not the other way around.

There has been a few ways that my Fiancé and I have talked about immigrating over there. I think one of them was a Fiancé visa or something along those lines. I really could use some advice. My plan was to find someone to help walk me through the process, even go as far as a lawyer but again I don’t know where to begin.