Truck driver job with EAD based on pending asylym application?

Gregor

Hi guys,
I have a temporary EAD based on pending asylum application (C08). I wonder if I could get a commercial driver's licence with that EAD. It's not possible in Florida where I currently live as they require non-citizens to have a positive decision from USCIS or the immigration judge about the asylum case. But I didn't found any restriction of that kind for non-citizens in some other states like Texas or Georgia. Do you think someone with pending asylum case could get a CDL and be hired as a truck driver in some states?

Hi guys,
I have a temporary EAD based on pending asylum application (C08). I wonder if I could get a commercial driver's licence with that EAD. It's not possible in Florida where I currently live as they require non-citizens to have a positive decision from USCIS or the immigration judge about the asylum case. But I didn't found any restriction of that kind for non-citizens in some other states like Texas or Georgia. Do you think someone with pending asylum case could get a CDL and be hired as a truck driver in some states?
Yes you can get CDL license in California. We have pending asylum and I have CDL since five year and own truck .

Hi guys! How true is it that I can't get a cdl license in Florida? I have a similar situation, I am also in asylim pending. Maybe someone has experience in getting to the cdl license in this situation and in some states?

Immigrants that apply for a Florida Drivers License or ID card must provide Proof of Social Security Number and 2 Proofs of Residential Addressdescribed above.
As an Immigrant you must provide one original or certified copy of the following Identification documents:
  • Valid Alien Registration receipt card, (Green Card, Form I-551)
  • I-551 stamp in passport or on I-94
  • Immigration Judges Order with the customer's A-number granting asylum
  • I-797 with the customer's A-number, stating the customer has been granted asylum
  • I-797 or another form from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services with the customer's A-number, stating the customer's application for Refugee status is approved.
  • So in Florida you can get it only after you get approval.
  • TX and IL you can get it with work authorization only but is gonna be valid until work authorization expires.
  • If you wana check other states just go to their dmv website and see.
  • Good Luck.

Thanks Miki0007 for the quick response! I have a slightly different situation. I applied for asylum and my case was submitted to the immigration court. At the moment I have a work permit and waiting for my court. And my question was, can I get cdl in Florida with my case?

Thanks Miki0007 for the quick response! I have a slightly different situation. I applied for asylum and my case was submitted to the immigration court. At the moment I have a work permit and waiting for my court. And my question was, can I get cdl in Florida with my case?
Same answer you need to get court decission first.
  • Immigration Judges Order with the customer's A-number granting asylum

That.s bad, when was your 1st interview?
mine was 1 year ago and nothing yet, still pending.
The first interview was in March of this year and the answer about the appointment of the court came in October. Master hearing scheduled for November 2018

Yes, my husband has in IL and i heard you can get in tx too.
Wonderful! I wish good luck to your husband in this difficult work. Can I ask you what documents are needed from him? I'm just in exactly the same position as your husband:(

Wonderful! I wish good luck to your husband in this difficult work. Can I ask you what documents are needed from him? I'm just in exactly the same position as your
Wonderful! I wish good luck to your husband in this difficult work. Can I ask you what documents are needed from him? I'm just in exactly the same position as your husband:(
2 Proof of address ssn and work permit, don.t remember go to their website and check for sure.