TROUBLE: Pls help

Jony Lever

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,
My wife lost her passport and I-94 alongwith it. We got duplicate indian passort here at SFO consulate.
After 485 approval, is it okay to submit a photocopy of I-94 for stamping?
Anyone in the same situation?
Thanks.

No Title

Oh Oh. Sorry to hear that. Will let u know if any of my friends have any info on this. I myself dont know abt this.

You can request INS to provide an duplicate one.

You have to use INS-Form 102.. But one of my friend did that when he lost his passport while getting his H1-B extended.

I got this from INS Website :

How Do I Apply to Get a New Nonimmigrant Arrival - Departure Document?

If you are applying to replace a lost, stolen, or mutilated INS Form I-94 (Arrival-Departure Record) or Form I-95 (Crewman\'s Landing Permit), you must file INS Form I-102 (Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival - Departure Document). If the INS Form I-94 or Form I-95 is mutilated, attach the original form. If the INS Form I-94 or INS Form I-95 was lost or stolen, submit a copy of the original INS Form I-94. If you do not have a copy of your original INS Form I-94, please submit a copy of the biographic/photo page from your passport and a copy of the passport page that was stamped by immigration inspectors when you entered the country. If you cannot submit any evidence of your legal admission to the United States, please submit a full explanation and proof of your identity.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

No Title

there is form I-102. but i guess it takes extremely long to process.
 given that the I-94 was lost after getting 485 receipts, is it necessary to have another I -94 for stamping or just a copy
 of lost I-94 would be ok?