Tricky situation

Kuttappan

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 was filed by AAA company and i was working for BBB company. I had h1 with only BBB company and recently i got layed of from there and they will cancel my h1 in few days.

1. Is it legal for me to remain in US as I-485 has been filed
2. Can i join a third company using EAD ( other than AAA and BBB)as AAA is ready to hire me only after getting GC.
3. Can i transfer my GC process to this third company as i cannot produce pay stubb from company AAA (never worked for that company).

pls help

Is AAA have software position also?I thought they do only road and travel assistance.....

Hope this helps....

Answers to your queries...

1. Yes you can stay in US till your I-485 is processed.
2. You can join another company using your EAD, preferably after 180 days of filing I-485.
3. Actually speaking GC is for future job....so if company AAA is willing to take you after your GC is approved..then you can get a letter stating that from that company as a proof, and talk to an attorney about how to proceed on this.

eddyja.

No Title

It doesn\'t matter even if you change company before 180 days using your EAD. There are so many people this way. If you want to be safe, join after 180 days.

As your GC sponsoring company is different, you are very much on safe side, and so no need to change your GC sponsorship to the new company. If same company and same attorney, then there may be little chances of getting RFE. and hence you can save 2 to 4 months in your GC process.

No Title

Thank you very much GCfunwaiting and eddyja. My attorney told me the same thing. I may join another company while keeping the GC processing alive with AAA. Once again thank you very much for the advise