tricky H1B visa transfer, (bridged petition)

vaibhav8188

Hi,
I was recently laid off on late March 2019 from a full time employment, I happened to find a job for a contracting agency (joined agency on receipt, premium transfer is filed, visa transfer process is ongoing) at a client site. I have valid I-94 up until 11/11/2020. company1/contracting agency filed visa paperwork, and on 04/25/2019 Monday they have received case receipt and based on that I joined project.

Now on 04/25/2019 itself I got a really attractive full time offer for another company2 which I can't refuse, I took the offer from company2 and as of today Apr 30th 2019 today they are getting my paperwork/visa docs and will file in premium transfer.

I did inform contracting agency on Saturday, 04/27/2019 that I can either not join the project or join for one month and then leave the project, thus giving them enough time to find my replacement, company1/contracting agency requested me to join the project for the time being, which as I mentioned before I did.

Also my 6 year H1B exhausts on 11/2020.

1). Am I doing anything illegal/am I still in status?

2). will I have some trouble in getting to my visa transferred to company2 ?

3). Do I need to inform immigration lawyers of company2 about this new situation?

4). will I need to get experience letter from company1/contracting agency for filing my Green Card process ?

5). is this transfer considered bridged transfer petition, even though my i94 is valid until 11/11/2020, if it's bridged petition does it mean that my transfer to company2 is dependent on the outcomes of company1/contracting agency.

Thanks in advance.

Between all these transitions there is slim chance that officer might conclude that you are in violation of status therefore might not extend your status for which you need to step out of the country get H-1B visa stamp & re-enter only if you don't already have stamped visa in passport. Keep in mind for each H-1B filed, there should be bona fide job. Regardless of any employer you are employed with, labor certification should be filed before Nov 2019 for you to extend H-1B beyond Nov 2020 or I-140 should have been approved to request 3 years incremental H-1B extension.

Between 3 employers some over zealous officer might mistake at some point you might have violated. Again this is just an extreme possibility. As long as you have pay checks from each employer you should be fine.

ok cool deal, so I just got a reply from company1/contracting immigration team agency that my H1-B VISA is properly transferred.

I have informed company2 immigration lawyers about my current situation(layoff, visa approval from company1/contracting agency) and shared my I-129 Approval details so they will handle it accordingly.

I will keep you guys posted as this is somewhat of a peculiar case and someone may benefit from this thread.