Treatment in US

Udupi

Registered Users (C)
I am on H1, working in US and living in canada, recently moved to canada.

Before moving to canada, my wife was taking medical treatment from US doctor. Can she still continue taking medical treatment in US as H4 ? We are paying medical insurance for both of us.

Thank you.
Udupi

bhand says this is possible but I would have thought not. I would expect that your wife would need a B2 to go in for treatment - the H4 would not work. Call up BCIS ...

Originally posted by Udupi
I am on H1, working in US and living in canada, recently moved to canada.

Before moving to canada, my wife was taking medical treatment from US doctor. Can she still continue taking medical treatment in US as H4 ? We are paying medical insurance for both of us.

Thank you.
Udupi

Immigration status and medical doctor are not connected .

If you have medical insurance you can certainly get the treatment provided you make it into the US .

If The H1 B is valid - H4 is fine , If the H1b is not valid - the change of visa has to be done.

You cannot enter USA with H4 (when H1b Is INVALID) just to get doctors treatment

Hope I am clear here

Originally posted by bhand11683
Immigration status and medical doctor are not connected .

If you have medical insurance you can certainly get the treatment provided you make it into the US .

If The H1 B is valid - H4 is fine , If the H1b is not valid - the change of visa has to be done.

You cannot enter USA with H4 (when H1b Is INVALID) just to get doctors treatment

Hope I am clear here

My family has been refused entry for short duration visits on a H4 (even though I had a valid H1B) . I was told they allow entry of a H4 when the intention is to STAY in the country - not for 1 or 2 day trips.

My experience could be isolated but this happened more than once.

For us

We live in canada (vancouver) and I work in seattle . My wife works in vancouver and has H4 and I have H1b . We have never had any problems and cross the borders very often atleast once a week .

never a problem till now