Travelling with Ap

opticalguy_sfo

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I am going to be travelling with AP next week to India. I came to US on my F-1, then changed it to H-1, but never travelled. Finally I will be travelling on AP.

can someone kindly let me know of their experience? What other documents should I carry?

Also, since my last used I-94 was for F-1. Do I need to get that or the I-94 from my last H-1?

Thanks a lot

opticalguy_sfo said:
Hi guys,
I am going to be travelling with AP next week to India. I came to US on my F-1, then changed it to H-1, but never travelled. Finally I will be travelling on AP.

can someone kindly let me know of their experience? What other documents should I carry?

Also, since my last used I-94 was for F-1. Do I need to get that or the I-94 from my last H-1?

Thanks a lot

Both I-94 - staple and hand over to airline personnel. You need to carry all documents for stamping H1b visa in consulate - if you want to continue on H1b after coming back.

Hi Jharkhandi,
thanks for the response. I have already used up the EAD so i don't think I can go back to H-1?

As far as Ap itself goes, what do they ask for at the port of entry? How does it all work? Will they give me a new I-94?

Thanks a lot for help,

When i came back using AP, the (first) officer took my passport and the AP document, put them in a folder, gave me the folder and asked to go to a room where they do "2nd tier" inquairies.

I had to wait in line for 15 minutes or so and filled some forms, basically asking me for my adress, my employer etc.

Then the (second) officer asked me how long are you working in the US, and who is your employer.

Then the (second) officer handed me my passport with a new I-94 valid for 1 year. I also got the AP back.

opticalguy_sfo said:
Hi Jharkhandi,
thanks for the response. I have already used up the EAD so i don't think I can go back to H-1?

As far as Ap itself goes, what do they ask for at the port of entry? How does it all work? Will they give me a new I-94?

Thanks a lot for help,

Second is answered. For the first - here is what you wll have to do:

Go out of USA - get H1b visa stamped and re-enter USA. You will get on H1b status.