Travelling while CP processing

Rajax

Registered Users (C)
Hi All
I just applied for for my parents greencard. Looks like it will take 9 mo to a year to get it. Got a basic doubt..

Can they continue to make visits to the USA in this period? Or they cannot travel till the processing is complete?

Thanks!

thanks Aniretake they have valid 10 year tourist visas already.

So then can a family based CP beneficiary travel to USA during the processing period if they already have a vaild visa?

Any folks out there whose family travelled to USA for a visit while waiting for CP processing to complete?

Thanks, all.

Rajax said:
thanks Aniretake they have valid 10 year tourist visas already.

So then can a family based CP beneficiary travel to USA during the processing period if they already have a vaild visa?

Any folks out there whose family travelled to USA for a visit while waiting for CP processing to complete?

Thanks, all.

This has been discussed before. Having a visitor visa is not a guarantee that your parents will be allowed into the US. Chances of them being returned back from the POE and denied entry to the US are high as they already demonstrated immigration intent by applying for GC and are now trying to enter US using a non-immigrant visa. I am sure someone will post here telling you that their parents did not have a problem getting in, and i will tell you to tell your parents to be prepared to be sent back home if the officer denies their entry at the POE. It is subjective and works cases by case, depends on the officer at the POE and depends on the POE itself. It is your call if you are willing to take the risk. If your parents indeed take the risk and dont have problems, then they might not be lucky the next time.