travelling to India

sudsh

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am in final stage of 485. And have a valid H1 stamp in my passport (valid till Apr 15th). I am planning to visit India in first week of Feb 2005 . While coming back to US I will come via London during mid of March 2005. I have AP but I don’t want to use it. I want to enter US on my H1.

1.Do I have to take transit visa for stop over London?
2.In case if my 485 gets approved while I am in India what are the documents do I need to carry to enter US?

Please advise me.

I-485 RD 26 Nov 2003 - EB3
FP is done in 7 Sep 2004

See Inline....

sudsh said:
Hello,

I am in final stage of 485. And have a valid H1 stamp in my passport (valid till Apr 15th). I am planning to visit India in first week of Feb 2005 . While coming back to US I will come via London during mid of March 2005. I have AP but I don’t want to use it. I want to enter US on my H1.

1.Do I have to take transit visa for stop over London?
... Yes

2.In case if my 485 gets approved while I am in India what are the documents do I need to carry to enter US?
... Carry employment letter if you are planning to enter using H1-B.

If you are planning to use AP, carry I-485 receipt.

Please advise me.

I-485 RD 26 Nov 2003 - EB3
FP is done in 7 Sep 2004

Planning to get Married

Hi,

I applied the Advanced Payroll by mistake with I-485 and EAD. I also have a valid H1-B visa.

1. Do i need to wait until the AP is approved and received?
2. Can i still use my H1 to go to India and get married? and Can my wife get H4 stamping?
3. If i marry and come back which one i should use AP (or) H1?
4. Is it good to get my wife visa stamping as H4 before i come back to US
(or)
She should wait till i send the new I-94 and other document after i come back?

5. Can i go India before my AP is received for marriage?
6. If i receive AP before my trip, Is it mandatory that i should AP while i come back even my H1 is valid (or) i can use H1 and hide my AP from INS officers.

Please advice me it is very important in my life.

I appreciate your advice.

Thanks
friend

canning said:
I applied the Advanced Payroll by mistake with I-485 and EAD.

It's not mistake. You are fine.

canning said:
1. Do i need to wait until the AP is approved and received?

If you have valid H1 visa stamp, you don't need to wait for AP approval.

canning said:
2. Can i still use my H1 to go to India and get married? and Can my wife get H4 stamping?

Yes, she can get H4 provided your H1 is still valid and your I-485 is not approved meanwhile.

canning said:
3. If i marry and come back which one i should use AP (or) H1?

You can use either of them - AP or H1.

canning said:
4. Is it good to get my wife visa stamping as H4 before i come back to US
(or)
She should wait till i send the new I-94 and other document after i come back?

I would recommand to get her H4 immediately after your wedding and bring her in USA alongwith you. You don't need to come back to USA and send her your I-94.

canning said:
5. Can i go India before my AP is received for marriage?

Yes, provided your H1 stamp is still valid and good for re-entry.

canning said:
6. If i receive AP before my trip, Is it mandatory that i should AP while i come back even my H1 is valid (or) i can use H1 and hide my AP from INS officers.

It's not mandatory. For dual intent visa holders (H1/H4/L1/L2) AP is optional.

Thank you Pralay for clearing my doubts. My Friend scared me about the AP issue and said if i use AP, my H1 is no more valid.

Happy New Year!!

Thanks
Friend

pralay said:
It's not mistake. You are fine.

If you have valid H1 visa stamp, you don't need to wait for AP approval.

Yes, she can get H4 provided your H1 is still valid and your I-485 is not approved meanwhile.

You can use either of them - AP or H1.

I would recommand to get her H4 immediately after your wedding and bring her in USA alongwith you. You don't need to come back to USA and send her your I-94.

Yes, provided your H1 stamp is still valid and good for re-entry.

It's not mandatory. For dual intent visa holders (H1/H4/L1/L2) AP is optional.

Hi,

I received and RFE on both EAD and AdvancedPayroll. What could be the reason, could anyone tell me? This is my first EAD and AP.....Please guide me, i am in tension.

I appreciate your time.

It will be most probably for photos or clear copies of Id documents i.e. passport biographic page or Driver license. Dont worry.

Yeppo

I have a valid H1 on my passport. I have changed my company since then and I have my H1 papers with me. My AP is valid till March 2005. I am planning to go to India and come back by the 19th of Feb. Can I use my AP? People say different things abt. entering in H1. Can I use my H1 too?

Canning - It is my understanding that if you use your AP to enter the country you have to continue to use AP for future travels. H1b visa then will become invalid. Pl check with your attorney just to make sure of this.