Travelling to India via Canada

hmnpa

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am on H1B in USA, and took my Canadian PR recently. I do not have H1B stamping on my passport. So I am planning to go to India via Canada. Will that be Ok? Also, I am planning to carry stuff as gifts to India. What do I tell teh customs or immigration officer at the border?

Please advise.

Thanks
hmnpa

You will be fine. I know of people that do that and it is nothing illegal. You are a Canadian resident, so I don't see any problem.

Take gifts to your loved ones and just tell officials that they are for relatives, if they ask.

You are not doing anything wrong..so relax and have a safe trip. :)

Hi

I am still concerned about this issue. The automatic Visa Revalidation is applicable only if you visit Canada, Mexico or some Carrabian islands and return to US within 30 days. If you are a Canadian PR can you really visit another country and then return to Canada and get back in to USA , of course all within 30 days. will it be cosidered legal?

Ray S

I am a bit confused now...Please let me know what is your interpretation of the situation, is it legal or not...

thanks
hmnpa

New I-94 needed or not?

For a canadian landed immigrant from the common wealth countries, working in the US on H1B. When he goes back to his home country from canada, on the way back to the US do they NEED a new I-94 to be issued or can they be admitted based on the old one thats still valid?

Hi all

I think we are dealing with two different situations. Whivh are

1. A canadian PR from a commonwealth country can enter USA without a visa for a short visit or when he is in transit.

2. A non immigrant in certain categories e.g H1-B
can visit Canada or Mexico and reenter USA without a stamped visa within 30 days.

Now somebody who has Canadian PR and H1-B approvals travells to Canada and then on to India or any other country and returns back to US POE in Canada within 30 days, what condition would apply to that person. (1) or (2).

If its (1) then can he resume work ?

If it is (2) then then I repeat my question

Does the permission to re enter holds good if the person has visited another country during these 30 days?

Actually I myself want to avail of this facility but things are bit confusing and Ray thanks for advice I know the ultimate solution is to get a visa but I am trying to get an answer to this particular situation.
Does any body has personal experience or know someone who has visited India in this manner ?

Now guys isn't this true that under the new law, every PR of canada who was previously exempted from VISA now requires a STAMP VISA?
RAY:
I have read that website and it says that you don't needa Visa if you are a PR of Canada?
Please clarfiy............