Travelling to India on Advanced Parole - airport transit visa for Frankfurt required?

oshogg

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife and I (both Indian citizenz) have our EAD and Advanced Parole. We plan to travel to India via Air India's route LA - Frankfurt - Mumbai. Do I need German airport transit visa before I travel?

My travel agent called Air India and Air India told her that no I don't need it. Is that assurance good enough?

I searched on Internet and I found contradictory responses. I searched on German Embassy's websites but could not find anything that talks about advanced parole.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Osho

When my parents travelled to US via frankfurt they did not take transit
visa at Frankfurt. They were on visitors visa. Before they came I emailed
airport officials at Frankfurt airport and they told VISA IS NEEDED. My parents had a travel mate who was returning to US. This girl went to India via frankfurt without a transit visa. She had no probs. That was the reason I did not pursue transit visa for my parents. So I guess in most cases no prob.

One problem I can think of is that, when you travel with a AP you may not have a valid visa stamp on passport. I dont know if that will make a difference. But most countries recognize AP.

thx
babu.

I and my family went to India in 2004 via Newark - Paris - Mumbai.
We used advance parole and travelled on Air India.
When I enquired with Air India they said we dont need transit visa. So we didn' take it and we didn't have any problems.
In Paris, we were not allowed to get down the plane. French immigration officials came into the plane to check the passport and immigration docs.