travelling on IMM 5292

RahulSD

Hello everyone,
I have a question on travelling with IMM 5292.

1) We landed and got out "Confirmation of Permanent Residency"(IMM 5292) done on March 24, 2005(a month ago). The Canadian Immigration officer(we went by land) said that since we(me & my wife) didnt plan to stay there for more than 2 days in this visit, she wouldnt allow us to give our friend's address for receiving our PR cards. She said to apply for those when we come there to Canada for good.

We stayed only for a day in Toronto and returned to the US, since I am on H1 here.

2) My H1 is good for another 1&1/2 years. I would be moving to Canada only after atleast an year. I am not clear about me travelling on IMM5292
My questions are

a) Is there any validity period that I need to travel back into Canada to retain my PR ? I know about the 2 years out of 5 years rule but I am just not clear since I dont have the PR card in hand as of now. I only have the Confirmation of PR (IMM 5292) which is signed and stamped of course, since I have done my 1 day landing at the border.

b) The immigration officer when she signed the IMM5292 said something about me not able to take a commercial vehicel next time I come there if I come there after 6 months. Does it mean that If I decide to travel in my own car after say 1&1/2 years, I can just do that on the Confirmation of PR letter that I have(IMM 5292) ? Or is it that I will have to travel before an year etc ?

c) Whatever anyone can let me know about the details of IMM5292 pertaining to my case would be appreciated since that (IMM 5292) in itself doesnt specify anything (like it is valid for 5 years from May 24, 2005---day of my landing").
Please let me know since all my plans depend on that.
thanks
- RahulSD

Rahul;

I had similar situation as yours the immigration officer did not except me friends address, she gave me a form to fill and asked me to fax it when I have a permanent address.

Same form can be filled online, ie by visiting the link provided by Kennyo4. There is section called New Immigrants and click on the saying "may provide this information on-line". Click on this and it will take to you to address notification Web page.

You can give your friends address and you will get your PR card within three to four weeks.

This is what I did and got my PR card.

-Pearl