Travelling on AP, PLease advise........

spouse

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I am planing to travel on AP next week to india. what documents are needed other than original AP and I-485 recipt? do i get the new I-94 when return to us on AP. Please any advise or any suggestion?:confused:

I returned using AP last month...No hassles..The INS officer will direct you to go to a different room. Keep your Original AP and I-485 receipt. That's all they asked me.

Make sure you keep a few copies of AP to hand out to the Airline/Customs/Immigration guys

If you apply EAD card, you should take it. Sometimes INS ask you show this one. You needn't take I-485 receipt. This is my opnion.

It is better to have I-485 receipt along with your AP. They do not ask anything when you show your AP but better to keep it with you. When you re-enter US, they will issue I-94 saying you entered on Parole.

I travelled several times on AP.

I dont think you need your EAD, all they ask is the AP.
but its better to keep the I-485 receipt.

Hi,
Recently, came back from India.
At SFO, I was asked to go to the secondary immigration check. Here the Officer asked about:
a) How many years I am with my company?.
b) Any document to prove you are still with the company? Then I showed my EAD.
Looked at the 485 receipt and gave ONE Year stamp on the I94.

Only ONE Officer was working and there were like 3 guys before me. So, overall it took 2 hrs to complete.

Hi,
I came back on end of nov. from India.
At SFO, I was asked to go to the secondary immigration check.

There were 2 people in line before me,

I handed over my AP & 485 receipt to lady officer & she gave me back my stamped I-94 valid till jan06/2003 which was my AP expiry date for 2 months, It only took 5 mins of waiting for me.

Looks like different people have different experiences at the same port of entry.

I came back on my AP couple of days back from SFO and there were app. 15 people in the room (secondary inspection). For couple of people they asked for the proof that "still working for GC employer..." Few most recent pay stubs will do the job. When one person responded saying she is not carrying any proof, the officer stamped her I-94 any way and advised her "next time make sure that you carry few most recent pay stubs wile entering with AP"...

In my case he just asked my social security number, employer name and said "You are indeed the person..." and stamped my I-94 with my AP expiry date.

-PCee
(Back from vacation and very sad to see that there are virtually no approvals while I am gone. Was hoping to see many. In fact I was thinking that once I come back probably I will see all new people on this board, while all long time waiters left this board after their approvals).

on the plus side, your tracker is still up to date ;) Welcome back, hope everything is fine back home and out here.

good luck...

The visa stamped on my passport is still a F1 visa. I applied the AP and EAD during my I-485 application and my AP, EAD are still not expired. Also, I am holding a valid H1 visa. I am not a citizen of state sponsors terrorism

I plan to take a vacation to my country for about 10 days late this January. My co-worker told me I still need to go to the US consular to get a valid H1 visa since the visa stamped on my passport is a F1 and it's already expired.

Do I really need to do that? I thought I only need to leave and enter the US with all official documents.

Any information is appreciated and thanks a lot in advance.

oven,

No, You don't need a valid F1/H1 stamp in your passport (when you plan to travl using AP). If you have one (or planning to have one) then you don't need AP to travel!

In my case my H1 stamp is expired ages back and travelled with just AP. Yes, since the visa stamp is expired, at every point of travel (while issuing boarding pass/ boarding the plan etc.) the airline crew may ask you to produce (just show) the copy of your AP that's all.

Goodluck
PCee