Travelling before oath ceremony

Jaragua

My oath ceremony will take place next week, on Feb. 12th, in Wash., D.C.

The reverse of form N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony, has several questions, among them, if one has travelled outside the US AFTER the naturalization interview.

I have taken several trips abroad, most of them short (2 wks. time), and none longer than a month.

I am wondering if that would have an effect on my oath ceremony.

Does anyone know if there is a specific time AFTER NATURALIZATION INTERVIEW, beyond which one is not eligible for naturalization?

Thanks for your info.

Jaragua

Until you naturalize all the conditions needed for naturalization will apply. So if you are not near the minimum required stay in the US prior to naturalization, you are OK.

My oath ceremony will take place next week, on Feb. 12th, in Wash., D.C.

The reverse of form N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony, has several questions, among them, if one has travelled outside the US AFTER the naturalization interview.

I have taken several trips abroad, most of them short (2 wks. time), and none longer than a month.

I am wondering if that would have an effect on my oath ceremony.

Does anyone know if there is a specific time AFTER NATURALIZATION INTERVIEW, beyond which one is not eligible for naturalization?

Thanks for your info.

Jaragua

It is probably a good idea to document the trips since the interview in writing, to the same level of detail as the N-400, and take that with you to the Oath ceremony. That will make it clearer to the Officer that they do not change your status.

You will be asked about travel during the registration process on the day of your oath. Nothing to worry about, but you might want to take your passport in case you are asked for it.