Travelling before 6yr runs out.........

smahesh

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
My LC(non-rir)is in process for my greencard. My H-1B expires on July 31st 2001. Does anyone here see a reason for me not to travel in the month of March?? I have applied for an extension on my H-1B too.

Thanks in advance..

No Title

Hi smahesh:
Can you please clarify, at what stage are you in your GC process? If it is just LC (non-RIR), How did you file for your H1B extension after your 6yr limit? This is a little puzzling, as most of the Attorneys and Immigration Websites state that you have to have I140 pending with a 365 day old LC clause. Could you please explain as this might be helpful for folks like me, who are in a similar situation like yours.
thanks

No Title

Filing for an extension on H1B has nothing to do with the I140 and 365 day old LC clause(folks correct me if I\'m wrong). I\'m filing for an extension on my H1B for the time spent outside the US.

By doing this I\'m hoping to buy time so that my LC(non-rir) comes through and then once I apply for my I140, I can apply for an extension of stay in the US one year at a time(my LC is 365 days old), according to the new law.

I hope I answered your question!!

No Title

Thanks smahesh. You did answer my question.
So which is your DOL and at what stage you are in... State level or Regional?

No Title

DOL is Boston, its at the Regional level. I heard they are processing August 2000 now..

No Title

Under what exact situations does S2045 provide
grounds for H1-B extension beyond 6-years?

Is an approved or pending I-140 required?
Or a LC pending for more than 365 days is enuf
for applying for the extension? I have seen
statements supporting both the above cases.

Does anyone know for sure what the rule is?

Thanks for you help.
Suds