Travelling after I-90 biometrics.

sshetty

Hi All,
My GC and my spouse's GC will expire in couple of months, a few weeks after I travel out of the country. I e-filed I-90 and got a receipt. I called the USCIS 800 number and the person who answered my call basically said that the recipt + expired green card will allow be to enter back into the country. I was wondering if anyone here knows or been in this situation. Is there anything that I need to do when I get my bio-metrics done? Do I need to get an infopass appt to stamp my passport?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I e-filed I-90 and got a receipt. I called the USCIS 800 number and the person who answered my call basically said that the recipt + expired green card will allow be to enter back into the country.

That is true for people with an expired 2-year marriage-based green card who have filed I-751, but it's not true for people like you with a 10-year card who file I-90. When you get the I-90 receipt, make an Infopass appointment and take the receipt and your green card to a USCIS office to get your passports stamped with I-551 before you leave the US.

I got my bio-metrics done and after that they put a sticker on the GC saying its is extended for 9 more months. The person in there said I will have no problems going in and out of the country with my updated GC.