Traveling to Canada for less than 30 days by air...can I keep I-94 card?

kae_jolie

Registered Users (C)
I will be traveling to Canada from the U.S. for less than 30 days by air...can I keep I-94 card? I have done it before by land and didn't turn in the I-94 card, and used it along with my H1-B document to re-enter US. Can I do the same by air?

Please advise as fast as possible since I will be flying soon.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be traveling to Canada from the U.S. for less than 30 days by air...can I keep I-94 card? I have done it before by land and didn't turn in the I-94 card, and used it along with my H1-B document to re-enter US. Can I do the same by air?

Of course, you can follow the same AVR process when you travel by air. Good luck!

bigboy00 said:
Of course, you can follow the same AVR process when you travel by air. Good luck!

Thanks bigboy00,
Can I travel overseas from Canada and return back to Canada then travel to U.S. with visa re-validation. I may be going to Europe for a couple of weeks. However, my stay out of U.S. will not exceed 30 days traveling and returning from Canada.

Thanks.

[ICan I travel overseas from Canada and return back to Canada then travel to U.S. with visa re-validation. [/I]

No. You can use the AVR ONLY if you are returning to the US from Canada/Mexico (and a few US territories). If you leave the western hemisphere (which you are if you go to Europe), you will not be able to use the AVR.

bigboy00 said:
[ICan I travel overseas from Canada and return back to Canada then travel to U.S. with visa re-validation. [/I]

No. You can use the AVR ONLY if you are returning to the US from Canada/Mexico (and a few US territories). If you leave the western hemisphere (which you are if you go to Europe), you will not be able to use the AVR.

Bigboy00,
But I will be returning from Canada. Or is there a passage in the law that says you can't leave the western hemisphere if you will be traveling to Canada or Mexico?
Also, if you are coming back from Canada, how would they know that you left the western hemisphere?

Thanks.

But I will be returning from Canada. Or is there a passage in the law that says you can't leave the western hemisphere if you will be traveling to Canada or Mexico?
Also, if you are coming back from Canada, how would they know that you left the western hemisphere?

AVR is only for travel to Canada, Mexico and the adjacent islands and then to come back to the US. It is not just entering US from the Canada/Mexico (like using Canada as a stepping stone). You CANNOT travel anywhere else if you plan on using the AVR. That's it.

You do not want to find out "how would they know if you have travelled anywhere else". Because if they do and if they find out that you are misrepresenting, you can kiss goodbye to your future visits to the US!