Travel

balshoi

Registered Users (C)
My sister has an ASYLEE status and has just received the Travel Document (Passport) from the USCIS. Can she use this to travel to Germany for a two weeks vacation?

balshoi said:
My sister has an ASYLEE status and has just received the Travel Document (Passport) from the USCIS. Can she use this to travel to Germany for a two weeks vacation?

If she has an RTD (Refugee Travel Document) she can travel to Germany without visa.

balshoi said:

In case she has not traveled yet, I would recommend checking the website of the German Embassy in Washington, D.C.

The USCIS travel document might very well be sufficient to reenter the United States, but I still believe she needs to secure a visa for Germany.

Even folks who hold a U.S. Green Card and want to travel to Germany need a visa for as long as their country of citizenship is not visa exempt to enter Germany/Schengen Countries.

Cheers,
Nico