Travel with Stamped

Mass

Registered Users (C)
I stamped on the passport. Is it good for back to US after international travel? Do I need I-94 for entry US? Thanks,

There are several posts about this topic - you are okay to travel in and out of the US and do not need to fill out an I-94 upon your return.

I don't think you can or should stamp on your passport. And it is definitely not a valid travel document.

BUT, if the IIO at your local INS service center stamped the I551 on your passport, that will qualify you for international travel.

Mass said:
I stamped on the passport. Is it good for back to US after international travel? Do I need I-94 for entry US? Thanks,

Most of the airlines crewmembers ask about your status before distributing forms. If you are a green card holder, they won't give you I-94 form at all. You will get only green color customs form.

With I-551 stamp there is no need of I-94 form. Old I-94 was returned at time of stamping. So there would no record of date of departure for such person having I-551 stamp.
So how IIO at POE will determined # of days person was out of USA.

gclenahai said:

Nowadays you need to fill-up a form when you depart. It's a very recent rule introduced couple of years back. It's the substitute of "returning I-94".

Is this rule for LPR with I-551 stamp only?
I travelled outside USA many times on AP but never filled such a form !! Would you please explain it more details, please.
-----------------------------------------------------------
pralay said:
Nowadays you need to fill-up a form when you depart. It's a very recent rule introduced couple of years back. It's the substitute of "returning I-94".

gclenahai said:

They usually ask you. And sometimes they then write that information on the entry stamp they give you alongside the I-551 stamp. It's important to keep track of all your dates outside of the US in case you want to apply for citizenship (which is when they ask for that information).

Last edited by a moderator:
pralay said:

I've never heard of anyone filling a departure form except for SR cases, non-Citizens and non-LPRs. LPRs are not subject to any exit controls as far as I know, and that includes the new biometric entry/exit system... where did you get this information?

From a USCIS press release about US-VISIT:

US-VISIT procedures are currently required of nonimmigrant visa holders; travelers under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) will be subject to US-VISIT on September 30, 2004. This will be discussed further below.

The interim rule adds Taiwan representatives of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office (TECRO), and their dependents, to those who are exempt from US-VISIT. Along with this group, the following individuals are exempt from US-VISIT: (1) children under the age of 14; (2) individuals over the age of 79; (3) foreign nationals in most A, C, G or NATO nonimmigrant visa categories; (4) individuals or groups of foreign nationals who have been exempted by the Secretary of Homeland Security, the Secretary of State or the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency; (5) foreign nationals who are registered in the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System (NSEERS), except those who have received waivers of certain aspects of NSEERS; and (6) foreign nationals who are registered in INSPASS, the Department of Homeland Security's advance registration system for foreign nationals who are frequent business visitors to the United States. Also exempt from the system are U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents of the United States.

Last edited by a moderator:
140_takes_4ever said:
I don't think you can or should stamp on your passport. And it is definitely not a valid travel document.

BUT, if the IIO at your local INS service center stamped the I551 on your passport, that will qualify you for international travel.
:D :D - that's funny !!