Travel with Passport Stamp

I want my GC said:
Is it ok to travel outside the US with only the passport stamp?

Yes you can. I travelled in the month of Nov 2004. I felt PP Stamp better than having a physical green card since you just need the passport. If you have a GC you need to show them both.

In some european countries u may need transit visa

like britain ...

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/other_show.asp?SarticleType=25&Other_ID=313

Note:

Holding an I-512 Parole letter or an I-797C (Notice of Action) instead of a valid US visa; or a Transportation Letter instead of a valid US Permanent Resident Card issued on or after 21 April 1998 does NOT qualify you for exemption from the DAT visa requirement.

Holding a valid travel document with an ADIT stamp - worded "PROCESSED FOR I-551. TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF LAWFUL ADMISSION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE VALID UNTIL ......EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED" - does NOT qualify you for exemption from the DAT visa requirement.

If you do not qualify from one of the above exemptions you should apply online and submit the following documents to your nearest entry clearance issuing post.

kmnalluri said:
Yes you can. I travelled in the month of Nov 2004. I felt PP Stamp better than having a physical green card since you just need the passport. If you have a GC you need to show them both.
Did you travel through european countries such as London?

here is the what i wanna say.

1. Though ur passport is stamped, ur h1b visa stamp is untocuhed, so u have a valid US visa stamped on passport, then why do we need transit visa even if u r travelling from london?

2. Right now i am in india and flying back on 28th, I comeing via air india, plane rest at london for 2 hrs but u r not allowed to go out of plane so what is this big fuss abt transit visa?

While coming to india , I spoke with air india folks in plane and they agreed on this.

Would appriciate agreements and disagreements.

thx

Deepesh7373 said:
Did you travel through european countries such as London?

I travelled thru Amsterdam(KLM airways) and there is no need for a visa if you travel through Amsterdam.