Travel via Frankfurt on Advance Parole

gg1592

Registered Users (C)
I am flying to Delhi from Dallas by Lufthansa via Frankfurt. Ofcourse, I have I-485 pending and have Advance Parole. Do I need German transit visa? Can anyone post their experience in similar situation. Thanks

Transit Visa

We are also planning to travel to India by Singapore Airlines from JFK (NY) which goes via Frankfurt and Singapore.

We are also in dileamma regarding TransitVisa. Instead of feeling sorry later, we are thinking for applying for TransitVisa. I wrote an email to German Consulate and waiting for their reply.

in reply

sometime back there was lot of discussion, since german website said that you need a visa and couple of people had passed thru frankfurt without one, i took visa for peace of mind

Recently back from India

I recently got here from India ... when I inquired German Counsulate in Atlanta, then did mention that you need to have German Transit Visa, if you do not have valid visa in your passport ... however it is not required if you have valid Advance Parole. However, due to other circumstances, I went through NorthWest with Amsterdam as Transit and there is NO TRANSIT Visa requirement ... The journey was fantastic with very little transit wait times. Try NorthWest via Amsterdam as an other option.

German consulate in Houston told me that I need transit visa even if I had Advance Parole; so, I have done so. Will be travelling next week. I'll post my experience once I get back.

reply from German Consulate in Boston:

Today morning, my wife called German Consulate in Atlanta and they said, no need of Transit Visa, if we have a Advance Parole. Then, my wife asked the conusuler to send a letter saying that for safer side, they said, they cannot issue one.

Parallely, I received a reply from German Consulate in Boston saying that, I need a transit visa.

Same with German Consulate in NY and they did mentioned that, rules have been changed from past six weeks.

I feel, it is better to get a Transit Visa for safer side.

Following is a reply from German Consulate in Boston:

yes, you will need an airport transit visa. You can apply for 2 entries so
that you do not have any trouble coming back to the USA.
best regards
Lüder Volckmer, Vice Consul
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
3, Copley Place Suite 500
Boston, MA, 02116
Tel +1 617 536 4414 x 105
Fax +1 617 536 8573

My e-mail to German Consulate in Boston:

We are currently residing in USA. We are applied for US Permanent
Residence and it is waiting for approval. Our Visa on the passport is
expired.

We are currently holding Employee Authorization Document (EAD) to work in
USA and Advance Parole (AP) to travel outside USA and to renter USA until
our Permanent Residence approval.

We intend to travel India through Lufthansa Airlines.

Our concerns are:

1. Do we need Airport Transit Visa in Germany?

2. If we need Airport Transit Visa in Germany, what kind Visa we need to
apply, because we are traveling back to USA again through Germany (myself
one month later and my wife 3 months later)

German Transit Visa for Advance Parole:
---------------------------------------
My I-485 is pending and I have a valid Advance Parole. According to the new Transit Visa rules from the German web Site since Feb 05 - they will issue a transit visa on landing in Germany. Please let me know whether they will issue transit visa for advance Parole cases on landing in Germany?

Please let me know if anybody has travelled through Frankfurt in Feb 05 / Mar 05 WITHOUT transit visa and got them once they landed in Germany.

Thankyou.

Transit Visa is not required for Frankfurt if you have Advance Parole. My wife travelled to India last week via Frankfurt and I was worried as the Visa on her passport had expired. But she did not have any problems. Infact they didn't even see her Parole documents.

tshroff said:
Transit Visa is not required for Frankfurt if you have Advance Parole. My wife travelled to India last week via Frankfurt and I was worried as the Visa on her passport had expired. But she did not have any problems. Infact they didn't even see her Parole documents.

Do not go by that. We have some one here in Houston sent back from Airport because they did not have transit visa.

Me and my wife travelling to India in the first week of May. Sorry to ask same question again but I still have 1 doubt. We both have valid H1 and H4 visas till october 2005 but still we will be entering in the USA on ADVANCE PAROLE. Do we still need a transit visa if we decide to go via either frankfurt or paris?

Please advise if some one has already travelled or planning to travel INDIA.

Thanks in advance..