Travel using EAD as ID

paul7120

Registered Users (C)
Could anyone answer this question , is EAD acceptable as ID when traveling in the USA Domestictly ?

I have applied for DL or ID at the moment and just rec my EAD and need to go to IL quickly so if you can use EAD please confirm.

Paul

paul7120 said:
Could anyone answer this question , is EAD acceptable as ID when traveling in the USA Domestictly ?

I have applied for DL or ID at the moment and just rec my EAD and need to go to IL quickly so if you can use EAD please confirm.

Paul

NO. EAD is only for employment. You can use your passport for ID purposes till you get your DL.

That reminds me of a question. Can I travel within the USA and take a plane but just show my Driver's License at the airport??
Thanks for any input.

Ema.

In the US right now one of the most popular ways of identification is the driver's license. That is mostly accepted. . Another ID acceptable at the airport is your passport, military ID or whatever Id issued by the goverment with your picture.The EAd even is issued by the goverment many people are not familiar with that document.

Yes, so far. You can use your driver's license within USA continental. I was advice by USCIS that the person who wants to travel to Puerto Rico or Hawaii even are US territories should carry a travel document (Advance Parole).

Good luck,

cherr1980 said:
I was advice by USCIS that the person who wants to travel to Puerto Rico or Hawaii even are US territories should carry a travel document (Advance Parole). Good luck,

Perhaps the person you spoke with at USCIS needs to be reminded that Hawaii is a state and not a territory so AP would not be required to go there.

Yes it is state, I added Hawaii and PR in a same sentence. But the fact is that Hawaii is not in US Continental. There are people who told me they travel without problems but just in case...just in case.

Good luck,