Travel to Germany or EU

nofreedom

Registered Users (C)
Some people wanted to know if they can travel to Germany without visa. Well, I was in Germany last August. You do not need visa to travel to Germany (ONLY IF YOU HAVE WHITE RTD, which applies to us - all asylees should have WHITE RTD). Germany do not accept BLUE RTD. I was in German Consulate in Chicago in person and this is the answer I got from them. Give them a call and check, but Germany is the only country in the EU that accepts RTD without visa. Once you get into Germany, it is not recommended to travel to other EU countries (but you can) without Schengen Visa (remember, most EU countries have national IDs, so police can request ID at any time and any place and they do check from time to time to crack illegal immigration). Although it is not this strict, you never know, and it is easy to get Schengen Visa. Hope this helps.

My bad. GERMANY ACCEPTS BLUE RTD NOT WHITE AS I MENTIONED IN PREVIOUS POST. Blue RTD is the one with BLUE COLOR front page. I'm not sure what are the WHITE RTD, but I'm certain that most of us have BLUE color RTD and that is the one that is accepted in Germany. Sorry about this small mistake. Does anyone knows what is WHITE colored RTD?

There is no such thing as a white-color RDT, but a white-color Reentry Permit available to all LPRs of this country.

You are right Gilbert. However, German consulate did not ask what kind of RTD I had, but what color and they gave me explanation based on color. I wasn't sure what was the white RTD. Now I know. Thanks Gilbert.

Finally got hold of the German Cosulate in San Francisco.

For RTD (blue cover) holders traveling to Germany - no visa is required for stay up to 90 days.

Hope that helps someone planning or going there.

Cheers
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the link to most immigration documents the states issued so far

click here

actually i saw the white one on the net...
I remember it's issued by some EU countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
And here is the e-mail from the consulate. I am so paranoid so send them two e-mails before... :D :D

Dear Mr. ..............,

If the refugee document is the blue one, you can enter Germany without a visa.

German Consulate General
1960 Jackson Street
San Francisco CA 94109
Tel.: +1-415-7751061
Fax: +1-415-7750187

Visa

You do not need a visa for Germany if you have a Refugee Travel document, there is only one refugee travel document, the white one is not a refugee travel document is a reentry primit, I went to germany last year, you dont have any problem they just ask for you return ticket and maybe where you stay and how much you got on you, I traveld to Holland, France and Italy and I was over there for 3 month, now I want to go back so baad, but they wont give me my RTD, I am waiting for it since January the 7th I just give up and wont call them again, but thats not fair, I should have the right to travel, well if you Planing to travel to germany, Germany is a beatiful country I used to live over there for 6 year, have fun and good luck.

EU Travel

Hashem,

How did you travel from Germany to France and Holland ?(by land or by air) Did you have to get French and Netherlands visas?

Thanks

Me and my Friends drived over there and I didn't have to get any Visa, they just looked at my friends passport he is German we didn't even had to come out the car but the way back to germany they checked us but I didn't have any Problems because I was Flying from Frankfurt To Cincinnati so I just showed them my ticket, Hope that helps and good luck.

All,

Sorry. RTD holders do require VISA to travel Greece.

At the time I posted the message, I was either so blind that I did not see the message correctly or the message just got changed.

Both situation is kind of impossible because my friend read the same mesage with me yesterday and we concluded the same thing. (He was born in the US so language is not an issue. ) . It is also hard to believe that the message just got changed.

Anyway, RTD holders do require VISA to visit Greece at least the last time Timz and I read it. Sorry for the confusion.

Just came back from traveling to Germany with RTD. Both ways - no problems. German's didn't ask anything - just stamped the passport. The American's IO stamped the new I-94 and let me go.

Hope that helps someone.