Travel to Canada on AP

Mike1

Registered Users (C)
Dear Everybody:

Would you please help me about several (maybe dumb) questions about AP?

1. What does AP look like? I got three copies of 'Authorization of Parol -----' from INS with my photo at the left bottom. Does that mean that I can re-enter US three times?

2. With the tighten security, what kind of documents should I carriy? I plan to visit Canada for couple days.

Thanks!

If use I-485 pending
valid advance parole document;
valid EAD;
3-4 recent pay stubs.

according to my lawyer.

If use H1B;
original I-797 H-1B approval notice;
complete copy
of your H-1B petition; 3-4 recent pay stubs.

Originally posted by Mike1
Dear Everybody:

Would you please help me about several (maybe dumb) questions about AP?

1. What does AP look like? I got three copies of 'Authorization of Parol -----' from INS with my photo at the left bottom. Does that mean that I can re-enter US three times?

Yes, that is the AP. It doesnt mean that you can re-enter 3 times, its always issued in 3 copies, one is meant for the airlines, one for the immigration and one for you. Actually of late the Immigration dont take a copy or share the copy with the airlines I guess. I dont about border crossing by land, but, in my case the Airlines took one of the copy and the Immigration guys at the airport stamped one of the copy, so I had 2 copies with me. He also told me that next time I dont have to give any copy to anyone. Which mean I can travel as many times as I want within the validity of the AP.

2. With the tighten security, what kind of documents should I carriy? I plan to visit Canada for couple days.

I would carry AP, passport, employment letter and a couple of paystubs all the time during travel.

Thanks!