Travel Question

aws1

Registered Users (C)
) My I-485 with Parole and EAD is being filed today, i.e. 11/5/03. I need to travel to the carribean (i.e. outside the US) on 11/20 and back on 11/24. By this time, there is no way I'll have the actual Parole document in hand. However, I have a valid H1-B until March 2004.

In this case, can I still travel outside the US and return using my H1-B visa? If I do this, am I violating any conditions of I-485 filing related to travel?

2) My lawyer said I can take a copy of my filing receipt of the I-485 and use it along with my valid H1-B visa to return. If I don't have a receipt, I cannot travel.

If so, how long does it take to just receive the receipt of application if my application is being filed today?

3) Can I travel outside the US and return using just my valid H1-B visa OR need visa + filing receipt?

Thanks to all!

I re-entered US few days ago. While I was in India, I applied for H1 B visa, and then re-entered US on H1-B visa. Even though I had my 485 Receipt, the Immigration officer didn't ask for it or even cared for it.

I know for sure that you can re-entered on H1 even if you have 485 pending, and I feel confident (i may be wrong) that you don't need your 485 receipts.