Travel outside the country

QueenBee

Registered Users (C)
I did my interview on June 25th. I still have NOT received my oath letter. What do you think is the time frame for me to get my oath letter?

I called the 313 number and they said to wait 90 days before I can call again.

Also, can I travel to India before I get my oath letter, if I plan to come back by the oath date and appear for the OATH ceremony?

What about travel to Canada???

Can you leave the country between the interview date and the Oath ceremony? Please respond with your ideas/suggestions?

I did my interview on June 25th. I still have NOT received my oath letter. What do you think is the time frame for me to get my oath letter?
Depends on your local office, when they have oath ceremonies, capacity, all that. Usually the letter arrives within a month. Have somebody check your mail if you're out of the country. You can ask to postpone the oath ceremony, but I think it is better to make an effort and attend the ceremony.

I called the 313 number and they said to wait 90 days before I can call again.

Also, can I travel to India before I get my oath letter, if I plan to come back by the oath date and appear for the OATH ceremony?

Yes. The only caveat is if you have traveled a lot in the past and you're close to go beyond the continuous residence/physical presence requirements just to keep in mind that these requirements have to be met all the way to the oath ceremony. Anyway, most people aren't close to violate those continuous/physical presence requirements.

What about travel to Canada???
Yeeees! It doesn't matter which country you go. I think trips of less than 24 hours don't count, i.e. if you go across the border to Canada for shopping or sightseing for the day.
Can you leave the country between the interview date and the Oath ceremony? Please respond with your ideas/suggestions?

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSS! Ooof! You have asked the same question in 3 different ways ;) You're going to be traveling with your Green Card, remember that you're not a citizen until you complete the oath at the oath ceremony.

My 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator: