Travel on H1B with a pending 140/485 and receipt notice

Mach

Hello,

My papers for I-140 and 1-485 have been filed concurrently at Nebraska center on November 19, 2004. I am on H1B with a valid visa till mid 2004 and intend to travel on November 30, 2003. My attorney has suggested that I wait for my receipt notice for the 140/485 before travelling out of country. Due to the holiday season I anticipate the receipt may take longer than 2 weeks to reach the attorney.

My questions is :

1. With my valid H1B visa, do I need to travel outside of the US only after receiving the notice ? Can the receipt be mailed to me outside the US after it is received by the attorney ?

2. Incase the receipt is received by me outside the US and I present the same at POE will there be any issues ?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

1. With my valid H1B visa, do I need to travel outside of the US only after receiving the notice ? Can the receipt be mailed to me outside the US after it is received by the attorney ?

You can travel outside US with the valid H1B. The receipt notices are mailed to your attorney's address. He can fax/email/efax a copy to you.

2. Incase the receipt is received by me outside the US and I present the same at POE will there be any issues ?

If POEask for the receipt , show the receipt got from the attorney by fax.

I am not an attorney. This is from my experience. POE did not ask for the reciepts on my way back.