Travel on Green card Stamp

arm25

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My brother got his immigrant visa at Consulate. He will be landing next week. But he can only stay 1 week in US. He won't have his green card when he will go back. I know air lines are not transporting passengers on green card stamp any more.

does any body knows how he can come back in US with no green card but green card stamp on his passport?????????

The stamp in his passport says Valid for one year(Check at the bottom of the visa)that he has stamp in his passport so that means he can travel back and forth with it only for one year

I am not sure what stamp are you talking...I think you are not referring to the ADIT stamp that serves as a temporary green card. If you are referring of his immigrant visa (since you are saying "he is landing" next week) then you must check if he can re-enter the US with that visa or if for one entry only.

It is my understanding that immigrant visas at the consulates are valid for about 6 months from the time of issuance but I am not sure about if they are valid for one entry or what.

Can you tell us what airline tells you that? Airlines should recognize the ADIT stamp as a valid authorization of entry to the US and most of them do.

Good luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
cherr1980 said:
I am not sure what stamp are you talking...I think you are not referring to the ADIT stamp that serves as a temporary green card. If you are referring of his immigrant visa (since you are saying "he is landing" next week) then you must check if he can re-enter the US with that visa or if for one entry only.

It is my understanding that immigrant visas at the consulates are valid for about 6 months from the time of issuance but I am not sure about if they are valid for one entry or what.

Can you tell us what airline tells you that? Airlines should recognize the ADIT stamp as a valid authorization of entry to the US and most of them do.

Good luck,

I suspect the OP has received misinformation ---- the GC stamp, if that is what the OP in fact received, is valid for re-entry.