Travel on AP

amit1971

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 is pending and I am working on EAD. I changed job after 200 days of filing I-485.

I want to travel to India, Is that going to be a problem.

I did informed INS about change of JOB and after that I got my EAD renewed.

Any response would be appreciated.

Have your AP and I-485 receipt with you and you should not have any problems. Also check your status before you start your return travel and if your I-485 is approved while you are out of U.S you need to show them the copy of the approval notice or atleast tell the officer at port of entry that your 485 is approved and that you need to enter on 'Deferred inspection'.

No problems what so ever. Good luck.

Thanks Guys for help.

I am sure I-485 wouldn't be approved before september. I was just wondering as my I-94 is expired long back and I am on working on EAD while 485 pending.

Even if your 485 is approved when you are out of country, as long as you have advance parole, it is not a problem.

Thanks cool,
One more question, when I am leaving at Airport what paper I am going to submit as my I-94 is expired already. Should I submit 485 receipt and no I-94. As you understand these guys at Airport are simply foolish and don't understand their own govet's rule.

You still need to submit the expired I-94 itself at the airport. They will take it and you need to give it. They should not ask any status questions but if they ask, show them your 485 receipt. You are not supposed to give any documents except I-94 to the airline agent when you leave US. Keep rest of them (AP) and show them when you re-enter US.

485 official receipt

Is the 485 official receipt required when using AP? Do you use it for leaving US or re-entering US? What will happen if I don't have it?