Travel on Advance Parole - Please Help

GaajarKaHalwa

Registered Users (C)
My wife had to go to India due to a family emergency. Since her H4 is expired, she will use AP valid till Nov-2003 to enter the USA. Our I-485 is currently in process.

* Will it create any problems with I-485 processing if she stays out of the USA for about 3 months? Her original plan was to come back in 6 weeks, but there might be a need to extend the stay by 6 more weeks.

Thanks guys. I could ship you some gaajar ka halwa if i can find it here.

Meanwhile, we have to be satisfied with the "gaajar" that INS is promising to give us.

No Problem

The rule I know is that.............

Anyone who travel on AP should not stay more than 180 days per visit that to befor AP expires. They have to come back to US before 180 days.

No Problem

The rule I know is that.............

Anyone who travel on AP should not stay more than 180 days per visit that to befor AP expires. They have to come back to US before 180 days.

Not true. The 180 days limit outside country applies to green card holders for maintaining permanent residence (unless they apply for re-entry permit). While on AP, you just have to return to the U.S. before AP expires.

INS may have a gaajor and stick policy - we know the stick too well - someday we probably will see some gajar.