Travel (Emergency) - AP approved but waiting for EAD

Usundare

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Our (my husband and I) EAD got approved April 30th but we still haven't received the card. We did concurrent filing in January 2003.

We moved on april 1st and sent the address change form (A11) to INS in the first week of April. The acknowledgement card says that the forms were received on april 11th and 15th for my husband and me.

So my question is
1. Will INS be mailing the EAD to the old address or the new address

2. If the EAD was mailed to the old address, would it get forwarded by the post office to the new address? (We have provided forwarding information in the post office) or will it be returned to INS?

I am trying to call INS but the line is busy all the time. What would be a good time to call INS.

My husband and I need to travel to India due to a family emergency and we have been advised by our lawyer to take both the AP and EAD with us when we travel. We have the approved AP with us but still waiting for EAD.

Passed the 6 year H1B limit, so we filed for 7th year extension and we are still waiting on it.

I am not sure if it is ok to travel without EAD.

Any thoughts anyone?

First, DO NOT TRAVEL WITHOUT THE ADVANCE PAROLE AND EAD DOC

I have used EAD/Travel doc for 10+ times to travel and they ask for it every single time.

US Postal Service should handle the forwarding. Have you been getting other mail forwarded to your new address?? if yes then you should not worry.

INS will stop the phone line support process and hence people are calling as the last few days in May lead us to June when INS will still take questions byt respond by mail. And we all know they are phenominal in responding that way. So keep trying...

And again DO NOT TRAVEL without the EAD card. And keep photocopies.

I am on H visa. Filed for 7th year extension.

Yes, we are receiving the forwarded email from the post office but haven't got the EAD.

Spoke to my lawyer and she said that she will mail me the EAD approval notice that she has received. Can I travel using that?

EAD approval notice should be enough. Technically you are required to only have AP, and EAD is just an extra. I travelled on AP twice and was not asked for EAD. If you still feel unsure, can you ask someone to mail you the EAD (when it comes) to India.

interesting option...

to go ahead out of the country and get your EAD card sent to you when u get there... Good luck, but i still would think really hard before taking this risk.

Originally posted by Usundare
I am on H visa. Filed for 7th year extension.

Yes, we are receiving the forwarded email from the post office but haven't got the EAD.

Spoke to my lawyer and she said that she will mail me the EAD approval notice that she has received. Can I travel using that?

Usually Government letters they wouldn't forward according to some of my friends. If possible check in your old address whether they received your EAD.