Travel during Citizenship process

NEDIYAN

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We are eligible for citizenship through naturalization and looking forward to become US Citizen after 15 years of stay in the US.

My parents are 83 years and 78 years old and NOT doing good in health-wise. I do not know what are the procedures or what i can do if I need to travel during citizenship process.

1. Am I supposed to travel outside US during my application process?
2. What will be my nationality after applying the US citizenship and before getting the citizenship?

These questions are haunting me.. Please share your thoughts...

Thanks
nediyan.

Hi,

We are eligible for citizenship through naturalization and looking forward to become US Citizen after 15 years of stay in the US.

My parents are 83 years and 78 years old and NOT doing good in health-wise. I do not know what are the procedures or what i can do if I need to travel during citizenship process.

1. Am I supposed to travel outside US during my application process?
2. What will be my nationality after applying the US citizenship and before getting the citizenship?

These questions are haunting me.. Please share your thoughts...

Thanks
nediyan.

Weird question from you to be honest. What passport do you currently hold and use for travel outside the US?

You can travel overseas during the naturalization process, but it is important that you don't miss the required personal appearance such as finger printing process or response to missing information which USCIS might require as part of evaluating your application for naturalization.

If you successfully naturalize, you become American and if your country allows or recognize dual citizenship, then American and Australian-example.

Weird question from you to be honest. What passport do you currently hold and use for travel outside the US?

You can travel overseas during the naturalization process, but it is important that you don't miss the required personal appearance such as finger printing process or response to missing information which USCIS might require as part of evaluating your application for naturalization.

If you successfully naturalize, you become American and if your country allows or recognize dual citizenship, then American and Australian-example.

Thanks .. So fast and quick - Yes I am holding Indian Passport. I am feeling much ease now.. I will be applying for the citizenship this week. I was afraid that If my father or mother become sick and if i can not travel to there side on time due to citizenship process then my all life is waste.. Still i do not know, If I explained it correctly about my feelings....

Appreciate and thank you for your response.