Travel Document

Thanks, siyyid.

My relative just got the 3rd notice for retaking photo today. Maybe since it is the 3rd and the final notice, CIC mailed it by registered mail.

The notice said that I should take the photo by myself then take it to go to the local office at the scheduled time(the middle of Nov.) and fill in a form. I don't know what the form is.

siyyid, how about your wife's case? I'll post my experience when I come back.

Hi siyyid

There are some Q for the app. form for Travel Docu, could you pls tell me how to fill in it?

1. #7, place of granting of PR or landing in CA:
which one should I fill, the port name landed or the place name of my permanently reside in CA?

2. I just landed this year, so the total # of days lived in CA is less than 730 days, and all the answers of #16-18 are NO. How to indicate the reason of #19a-b?

Thanks.

Hi x1088

1. Put down the name of port where you landed.

2. You do not need to give any reason. Its for those people who have overstayed abroad. In your case you are well within 2/5 years law.

My wife has not recieved her third call yet.

Thank you so much, siyyid!

Well, do you mind to tell me what current status you are in US?
Are you I485 pending?

Since I came back US by Advance Parole after landing , now my current status for staying in US is I485 pending. Is there any trouble for applying TD?

How many photos should I submit? 2 different requirement from CIC website confuse me.

I plan to re-enter CA next week. Let me know if you want to ask sth.

H1 visa revalidate and Canadian PR

Can anyone help me or share your experience if you are in this situation:

I have canadian PR and have PR card. Currently in US. My H1 visa is expiring. and want to renew H1 Visa. With new H1 visa renewal rules, one has to go out of country to renew visa.

1. To renew my visa should I choose Canada or Mexico.
2. If I choose Canada:I will be entering Canada on PR. Will I face any problem in getting H1 visa revalidated on passport and come back to US.
3. Will US authority ask, I am already Canadian PR then why do I want to renew H1. I have Canadian Immigrant stamp on passport, so I cannot hide and the fact that I will be using

Canadian PR to enter canada.
4. When canadian authority ask my purpose of visit, what should I tell. 1st time when I landed by air, I told I will bring car and goods in my next trip. However, I will not be taking goods or car, but coming back. What should my answer be.
5. Will my candian PR be affected, if I get my H1 visa renewed from canada.
Your reply will be helpful.

Thanks
Vive

Travel may be local, regional, national (domestic) or international. In some countries, non-local internal travel may require an internal passport, while international travel typically requires a passport and visa. A trip may also be part of a round trip, which is a particular type of travel whereby a person moves from their usual residence to one or several locations and returns.

A Travel document is the document issued by the government. It is issued for the identification of a person. This is to assure other governments that the bearer may return to the issuing country. You can also use this travel document if you have lost your documents showing your permanent residence status.