Travel document Expiration date question

ted8h6

Registered Users (C)
Hu gurus,

Just want to ask again: my travel document (Advanced Parole) based on I-485 is supposed to expore December 22, 2006. But when I entered the U.S. in April of 2006, the officer stamped the document and filled in "paroled until April 12, 2007" because I entered the U.S. on the 12th of April in 2006.

Went the local immigration office and they told me to renew it because the document says only when I presented that document expires in December 2006. But some folks have said that the 12-month period is for the 12 months after your entry into the U.S. with the travel document, not the printed expiration date.

Has anyone gotten experience with this? Please help as I will travel next March. If I don't have to apply for travel document again, it would save a lot of trouble and $$$.

didoala

Read the Advanced Parole!!! Some are issued only for one time. If it doesn't say it then you can enter USA border as many times you want until expiration date( the date in the original document- not the Immigration Officer Stamp).