travel after interview / before oath

citizen wannabe

Registered Users (C)
Is it advisable / legal to travel to India on existing Indian passport and greencard after clearing the citizenship interview and waiting for the oath ceremony?
I don't think this is addressed in any FAQs / postings.
Thanks.

I don't see why not - you are definitely not a US citizen until you take the oath, so India should not give you any problems. The main thing to remember is that you must continue to meet the requirements of physical presence and continuous residence. Short trips between interview and oath are not a problem.

Yes you can as long as you have valid passport and greencard and will be back in time not to miss the oath ceremony.

citizen wannabe said:
Is it advisable / legal to travel to India on existing Indian passport and greencard after clearing the citizenship interview and waiting for the oath ceremony?
Thanks.
BTW, there is also a search feature on this forum and it works pretty well.

citizen wannabe said:
Thanks.
Yes you can. Keep in mind that you do not want to stay outside US for more that 6 months. You are a US Citizen until Oath.