Travel After I-485 Filing ?.

suresh maddipatla

Registered Users (C)
Hi !

I filed i-485 ( FP done on 10/31/00) and I\'m travelling to india. I havn\'t taken EAD and I\'m still maintaining my H1-B status. Do I need to take advance parole before I leave the country or not ?.

any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Suresh.

No Title

If you still have a valid H1B Visa then it is recommended to go on that you do not need an AP, but if your VISA has expired(stamp on the passport) not the H1B papers then you need AP. One thing I found tense was after you arrive on AP you have to wait in another room till the validation of AP is done, there is an additional tense period you can avoid if you have an H1VISA

No Title

Thanks ! Chutney.

My H1B is valid till 30th January 2001 and I will comeback from India on 25 th December 2000. I think I would be OK if I travel on H1B .

No Title

I was in the same situation couple of months back..
I was on H1-B visa.. and had my Advance Parole and EAD.
I was not using my EAD for any good reason.

When I was entering US in SFO, Myself and my wife had to go through another line for advance paroles.. and this is no big deal.. other
than that you have to wait 2 more hours as each applicant clearence takes around 1/2 hr. So have some patience.. this is a routine.

They will ask your advance parole and ask some minor questions about your employer.

Hope this helps.

JJ