Travel after filing N-400.. what happens?

CitizenKane

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone help me on this from past experience?

First question is: between filing and interview period:
Anyone had to travel outside the country between initial filing of N-400 and interview date?? If so, what do you do at interview because the form N-400 that you filled will not have the info of your latest trip.

Second question is: between interview and oath period:
anyone had to travel out side country between interview and oath ceremony?
what happens in that case??

Please help!
Kane

CitizenKane said:
First question is: between filing and interview period:
Anyone had to travel outside the country between initial filing of N-400 and interview date?? If so, what do you do at interview because the form N-400 that you filled will not have the info of your latest trip.

prepare the list of the countries and dates you visited after you filed your n-400 and bring it to your interview

CitizenKane said:
Second question is: between interview and oath period:
anyone had to travel out side country between interview and oath ceremony?
what happens in that case??

on the oath paper, it will ask you if you have traveled outside of US and how many days would be, and the countries since your interview occurred.

Thank you ocworker!

ocworker,
Thank you for your answers.
What DO did you file with for the timeline specified above and which city?

Also, quite curious why it was two months between interview and oath if you can share? Typically interview to receiving the oath letter seems to be one or two weeks (although I know it can be variable).

Thanks for any info you can share on this.

Kane

CitizenKane said:
ocworker,
Thank you for your answers.
What DO did you file with for the timeline specified above and which city?

Also, quite curious why it was two months between interview and oath if you can share? Typically interview to receiving the oath letter seems to be one or two weeks (although I know it can be variable).

Thanks for any info you can share on this.

Kane

Santa Anna Sub Office. LA DO.

depending on which DO you are with.... they could take time to schedule the oath.

my case was background / name check pending at the time of interview. however, everything got cleared 2 weeks after the interview, but seem they took time to catch up with all my paper work. additionally, i scheduled an infopass and check on my status. they told me everything was cleared but the office had not made the decision. 3 weeks after i went to the infopass, i got the oath notification email, then got the letter on the same day i received the email.