Transit visa

GCHELP2003

Registered Users (C)
Does kuwait airways need transit visa if you are travelling on AP to India?.I know air france and lufthansa requires it.Does any body know how difficult it is Re-checking in at amsterdam ?People at airport are making hue and cry, if u don't have a transit visa and if your original visa is expired.please throw some light on it...

I always flew by NW/KLM via Amsterdam to Bombay. Last I traveled in April 2003. Only in the recent past, everyone is being asked to show their passports in either direction. But I never took any transit visa nor the Dutch guys ever asked me about transit visa.

I do not know why the question of transit visa should arise at all. If your final destination is to a different country, your face on the passport would be verified thats it.

The developments in the recent past are: If any one is travelling to USA from asia and arrives in any European countries for a flight change, he/she will be doubly checked. Sometimes they may ask you about US Visa, but they are not supposed to verify that since they do not understand about expired visa on passport, Adjustment of Status and Advance Parole etc......

Also, at first glance, visa on my passport is current. May be that is the reason I have not faced any problem. Re-thinking about situation at the Gate in Amsterdam, I can say that they are doubly checking and asking you all sorts of nasty questions......

From where did you find out this "I know air france and lufthansa requires it (transit visa)"?.

We'll be travelling by Lufthansa in mid Aug, and use AP to re-enter US. I presume tranist visa should not be required by airline. If you think otherwise, please let us know the source of your information.

hey buds...don't know if this will help

but my wife has this problem when we travel to her home in INdia,as she is still an Indian citizen,though Canadian Permanent Resident (she should get her canadian citizenship soon,hopefully)
but most European countries (part of EU)require an "Airport Transit" Visa for citizens of certain countries
But I do know if you hold Permanent Residenship of certain countries ,like USA,or valid visa for the US,then the countries waiver that requirement.
(so she has never required it)

Go to www.germany-info.org
www.ncla.org

and others for more info (these are the embassy/consulates of Germany,Netherlands ,etc,which have a lot of info on Airport Transit visas)
Cheers
Jack