Transit Visa....

raves

This might not be the right forum but still thought some of you here might have some experience or thoughts to share.

I remember reading posts earlier about transit VISA requirements for travelling from India to US via Franfurt. I read from Germany Counsular service website that Indian nationals travelling to US do need a transit VISA if they have a VALID US VISA ( A, B, E...).

Well the current situation is, my wife travelled to India on a Valid H Visa. But since she quit her Job she will be coming back to US using Advance Parole. Not sure whether she need to get a transit VISA for GERMANY.

Any suggestions ?

ravisind

I heard this requirement for only AIR FRANCE going via paris. Not to via frankfort

It looks like you need Transit Visa if you do not have a Valid VISA in your PP

Indian nationals travelling to US via Germany do not need a Transit VISA if they have a VALID A, B, E, H, L.. VISA. But not sure how Advance Parole will be considered.

No Title

I have had transit visa when I toured London during long stopovers at London. Transit Visas are usually 24 hour visa and issued at the airports. The only requirement is that the passport must be valid (must not expire) and they don\'t care if you have any other visa from either the coutry of Boarding or the destination country..

Hope this helps.
BK

This problem is for all flights going tro Paris

You have to get the visa here not at the airport. You should check with the airline about Frankfurt. We should boycott all flights tro paris. I also just found out that if you do not have a valid Visa on yr passport i.e. if yr visa has expired but you have an extended H-1 with I-94 you need a transit visa to pass tro. The German embassy in Houston makes a big fuss to give the Visa. All desis try as much as possible not to fly Luftansa or Air France

Transit visa for Frankfurt-Germany

I am a green card holder and I am travelling to India next week thro Lufthansa. I have to switch flights at Frankfurt and I need to be at the airport for 3 hours. Do I need a transit Visa?

i just travelled from India with temp GC stamp

I dont think you need any transit visa.Unless rules changed in past 30 days

Why would they deny onward travel to India?
I would think without proper documentation you will not be allowed to travel to USA

It is rather idiotic but they do require a transit visa even on the way to India

if you do not have a valid visa on yr passport tho u might have a valid I-94. In case of Paris even if you have a visa you need a transit visa. Guys with green cards are oK. But I request even people with greencards to boycott these airlines for this ridiculous requirements